My 150gal Angelfish build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I see now,while it doesn't hurt to add some water from an established tank but it does little to none in helping with the cycling process..along with the seeded filter media I would've snagged some substrate from the tank as well,placing it a mesh bag near or under the out-flow of the filtration...

There was about a handful of gravel in there. I am only assuming this is where the ammonia and other parameters came from.

Well yeah it's definitely a cheaper option and I'm guessing they're all in together now so they must get along at the moment. I thought you were stuck on an angel tank???

Lol I was. But they told me I could have them all for free. Yes they are all together now in a 55g. If I don't take them they said they will "get flushed"

Lol I was. But they told me I could have them all for free. Yes they are all together now in a 55g. If I don't take them they said they will "get flushed"

The polka dot cat and parrot fish may need a bigger tank later on but in my opinion I would take them if I was you cheaper and easier and you can't let them get flushed haha

The polka dot cat and parrot fish may need a bigger tank later on but in my opinion I would take them if I was you cheaper and easier and you can't let them get flushed haha

Yea didn't want to see them flush perfectly healthy fish. Just going to have to get more cover for them.

Ok so update on the tank. Fish are in and doing well. I have 5 red minor tetras that I bought and the following we're given to me for free or they would have been flushed. 1 tiger barb, 1 leporinus fasciatus approx 8inches now, 2 bumblebee catfish, 1 rainbow shark approx 5inches, 1 polkdadot catfish approx 5inches, 2 kissing gouramis, 2 small parrot fish, and 1 some kind of sucker. I have been trying to figure out what the sucker is.

Here are some pics.

image-1057852103.jpg

image-1155601793.jpg

image-1899446581.jpg

image-2486990303.jpg

image-4153908501.jpg

Ok so update on the tank. Fish are in and doing well. I have 5 red minor tetras that I bought and the following we're given to me for free or they would have been flushed. 1 tiger barb, 1 leporinus fasciatus approx 8inches now, 2 bumblebee catfish, 1 rainbow shark approx 5inches, 1 polkdadot catfish approx 5inches, 2 kissing gouramis, 2 small parrot fish, and 1 some kind of sucker. I have been trying to figure out what the sucker is.

Here are some pics.

Looking good :) try get some more tiger barbs if you can to make a school and the sucker is a Chinese algea eater :) in my opinion best cleaner fish there is out there when he gets a bit bigger you will hear a scraping sound when he cleans the glass :) nice fish actually they got tones of personality!

Looking good :) try get some more tiger barbs if you can to make a school and the sucker is a Chinese algea eater :) in my opinion best cleaner fish there is out there when he gets a bit bigger you will hear a scraping sound when he cleans the glass :) nice fish actually they got tones of personality!

Yup planned on getting like 4 or 5 tiger barbs. Should I beef up the gourami school? And thanks for the info!!! Also what should I be getting the cats and Chinese algae eater for food? Sinking pellets and algae tabs?

Yup planned on getting like 4 or 5 tiger barbs. Should I beef up the gourami school? And thanks for the info!!! Also what should I be getting the cats and Chinese algae eater for food? Sinking pellets and algae tabs?

Three kissing gouramis would be best you don't need more than that unless you want more??? And sinking pellets and algae wafers are perfect

Ive heard good things about the sunsun brand. Exact same stuff as aquatop brand for half price some times. Love the build so far! Did u say what u planted?

Back
Top Bottom