My 150gal Angelfish build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!!! Got it the other day. Filled it with water first, much much easier!!!

Just an update on the tank, canister filter works great!! Water much much clearer!!! However now my other parrot fish has stress spots, but the other guy cleared up. Not sure what's going on here.

Just some pics.

Going to have to do so,etching with plants. I think my catfish are eating them. Any suggestions? Wanted to plant more yet too. But not looking good if they are eating them all.

Stress spots are probably a result of the increased current from the new canister...my guess anyway so long as as all your parameters check out..

Stress spots are probably a result of the increased current from the new canister...my guess anyway so long as as all your parameters check out..

Well to be honest didn't check parameters yet this week. Will tomorrow. If it is the current. What could I do? Will he get used to it?

Everything was normal. Except ammonia was .025. But he's back to normal again.

I know I asked this before. But since I have different fish now, what's everyone's take on salt being added to FW set ups? Yays nays?

Everything was normal. Except ammonia was .025. But he's back to normal again.

I know I asked this before. But since I have different fish now, what's everyone's take on salt being added to FW set ups? Yays nays?

With live plants it's a huge no no...to be honest I only used aquarium salt when treating for disease...regular wc's&maintenance go a long way for the health of aquarium stock..also did you do do a wc when you found ammo while testing...

Something has gone seriously wrong since I put that canister filter in. pH is down to 6 ammonia is like .25 nitrites are 0 and nitrates are a whopping 80.

Suggestions. I'm doing an immediate water change. Hopefully it will bring some of this down and the pH up.

Well did the water change like I said I would. Did 25% pH 6.2 ammonia now up to like 1.5. Nitrite 0 nitrate between 80-90.

I have no idea what's going on here. Would appreciate some help :-(

Did you have any unaccounted deaths recently? Did you rinse all the media in the SunSun before adding them to the canister and running it?

I'm not sure what's going on with your pH but the ammonia has me thinking you may have a death. Check under pots/rocks/etc. Other than that, I'd do a large PWC to get the ammonia down below .25ppm and watch closely.

Did you have any unaccounted deaths recently? Did you rinse all the media in the SunSun before adding them to the canister and running it?

I'm not sure what's going on with your pH but the ammonia has me thinking you may have a death. Check under pots/rocks/etc. Other than that, I'd do a large PWC to get the ammonia down below .25ppm and watch closely.

No unaccounted deaths. Everyone is still swimming around. Rinsed everything out thoroughly. I checked under everything and there's nothing there. I did have a plant that died? But that's been out for a few days now.

I read this last night and was thinking about it today(kind of skimmed so forgive me if I'm redundant) and I gotta ask, do you still have your old filters running when you added the new one or did you stop running the old ones? If the new one is working by itself and with out the old seeded filter media you could be experiencing a new cycle. Most of the BB hangs out in the filter media so if the new filter was not seeded or cycled and you stopped using your cycled filters then you might have to start over with you cycle.

That's a good question Wufghi, I was assuming the new filter was running in parallel with the old.

I am very desperate for some help here. Had 2 deaths today. Did another WC and ammonia still high. I have no idea what's going on here.

Back
Top Bottom