My 150gal Angelfish build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive heard good things about the sunsun brand. Exact same stuff as aquatop brand for half price some times. Love the build so far! Did u say what u planted?

Thanks!! Yea some little plants in there. Noting big yet. I saw a planted tank at That Fish Place and it looked awesome. I particularly liked that they had Lilly's in their tank.

Thanks!! Yea some little plants in there. Noting big yet. I saw a planted tank at That Fish Place and it looked awesome. I particularly liked that they had Lilly's in their tank.

You seen the red tiger lotus Lilly??? My favourite tropical plant!

You seen the red tiger lotus Lilly??? My favourite tropical plant!

Yea that's exactly what they had in that tank!!! Looks awesome! Should I be adding anything to my sand to help my plants? I'm using pool filter sand. They seem to be doing fine. Also any different lighting needed for these Lilly's?

Woke up this morning before work, turned on one light for feeding and noticed one of my yellow blood parrots has, what I believe is,stress spots.

Yea that's exactly what they had in that tank!!! Looks awesome! Should I be adding anything to my sand to help my plants? I'm using pool filter sand. They seem to be doing fine. Also any different lighting needed for these Lilly's?

Woke up this morning before work, turned on one light for feeding and noticed one of my yellow blood parrots has, what I believe is,stress spots.

Yeah root tabs will deffinately help with plant growth and colour! What lighting are you running??? Extra water changes and lights off more often will help your parrot probably just stressed from the move.

Yeah root tabs will deffinately help with plant growth and colour! What lighting are you running??? Extra water changes and lights off more often will help your parrot probably just stressed from the move.

Thanks, that's what I figured. But I didn't notice since I have moved all of them to my tank their colors have all gotten much brighter. To be honest I'm not exactly sure what they are. 2 30" fluorescent lights. I'm not sure if its t5 or not. I will check when I get home tonight.

Thanks, that's what I figured. But I didn't notice since I have moved all of them to my tank their colors have all gotten much brighter. To be honest I'm not exactly sure what they are. 2 30" fluorescent lights. I'm not sure if its t5 or not. I will check when I get home tonight.

Yeah check em but to me it sounds sufficient enough. I wouldn't spend out anymore on lights wait until you have a problem with the plants first.

Is that a cheap make??? My canister for the discus breeding tank is just a cheap make not aqua or nothing like that can't even remember the name but I've never had a problem with it not even the valves/seals on the top! All these cheap makes have got to impress the market to make a name for themselves whereas even though the big names have more money for research and better quality components they don't feel the need to impress as much as the smaller names. Who knows sun sun could be bigger than eheim once they get noticed!

Is that a cheap make??? My canister for the discus breeding tank is just a cheap make not aqua or nothing like that can't even remember the name but I've never had a problem with it not even the valves/seals on the top! All these cheap makes have got to impress the market to make a name for themselves whereas even though the big names have more money for research and better quality components they don't feel the need to impress as much as the smaller names. Who knows sun sun could be bigger than eheim once they get noticed!

Yea apparently the "generic" version of aquatop. Comes from China apparently, same company just no Aquatop logos. I agree. I feel like the s,Allen companies don't cut as many corners in some aspects so more people buy me. I mean hell this is rated for 525gph where as the same size from Rena is 400's but in reality only 187gph.

Yea apparently the "generic" version of aquatop. Comes from China apparently, same company just no Aquatop logos. I agree. I feel like the s,Allen companies don't cut as many corners in some aspects so more people buy me. I mean hell this is rated for 525gph where as the same size from Rena is 400's but in reality only 187gph.

Right on!

Saw ur filter in your youtube vid..cant beat the non-named brands..american companys just silk screen logos on and repack them...great setup tho. Very impressed!!

How many bays does that sunsun have? Any thoughts on material setup?

Saw ur filter in your youtube vid..cant beat the non-named brands..american companys just silk screen logos on and repack them...great setup tho. Very impressed!!

How many bays does that sunsun have? Any thoughts on material setup?

It has 4+1. With uv light. Comes with Filter pad, active carbon, bio-balls and ceramic rings so I will probably just use that for now.

Here is a pic of my parrot fish now who is turning black :-(

image-4199484564.jpg

image-2112390430.jpg

image-232933262.jpg

Update. My parrot fish that had the black is back to normal.

Canister filter was delivered to the house today, but I'm stuck at work lol.

Update. My parrot fish that had the black is back to normal.

Canister filter was delivered to the house today, but I'm stuck at work lol.

Glad to hear the parrot is all good thought he would be :) waiting and aquariums don't go together at all! I swear aquarium keepers are the most impatient people ever! I know I am haha.

Glad to hear the parrot is all good thought he would be :) waiting and aquariums don't go together at all! I swear aquarium keepers are the most impatient people ever! I know I am haha.

Hahaha yes I am. Got up early this morning before work to attempt to hook up the canister filter but couldn't get it going? Wouldn't prime right. SunSun didn't really come with directions. Guess I have to do some research.

Hahaha yes I am. Got up early this morning before work to attempt to hook up the canister filter but couldn't get it going? Wouldn't prime right. SunSun didn't really come with directions. Guess I have to do some research.

Either the system wasn't air tight, the inlet and outlet were the wrong way round or maybe the system like the tubes are too big/long but I'm guessing your using all the tubing that came with it so dont think its that.

Either the system wasn't air tight, the inlet and outlet were the wrong way round or maybe the system like the tubes are too big/long but I'm guessing your using all the tubing that came with it so dont think its that.

Yup using all the tubing. Should I be keeping the spray bar above water?

Yup using all the tubing. Should I be keeping the spray bar above water?

It'll be much easier to prime with it below the water level... Had aquatop recently&that's where I learned my lesson...you want the canister to be as full as possible with as little air as possible in the system or it can be an absolute pain to prime...

It'll be much easier to prime with it below the water level... Had aquatop recently&that's where I learned my lesson...you want the canister to be as full as possible with as little air as possible in the system or it can be an absolute pain to prime...

Thanks!!! Got it the other day. Filled it with water first, much much easier!!!

Just an update on the tank, canister filter works great!! Water much much clearer!!! However now my other parrot fish has stress spots, but the other guy cleared up. Not sure what's going on here.

Just some pics.

image-3905954017.jpg

image-178911749.jpg

image-3196447605.jpg

image-96418332.jpg

Going to have to do so,etching with plants. I think my catfish are eating them. Any suggestions? Wanted to plant more yet too. But not looking good if they are eating them all.

Back
Top Bottom