My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a much need MWC today. Lil over 50%. Filter was pretty bad being as I skimped out last week.
Looks good now but I have some stuff growing on my Anubias that won't clean off. I'm not sure what exactly it is or how to clean it up.
Any help would be appreciated.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445225242.617100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back a few months ago I ordered a few plants from my friend Brookster123. In that package that I was so pleased with was one 2" stem of a stragler wilted up in there. I put it in to see what would happen and here it is today. Mind ya I don't run CO2.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445225543.899137.jpg
I have made 4 from it now. The other 2 are pretty small still. Water change has them pearling.

What kind of fish is in the pic? It's shaped similar to some rainbows or is it a cichlid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a much need MWC today. Lil over 50%. Filter was pretty bad being as I skimped out last week.
Looks good now but I have some stuff growing on my Anubias that won't clean off. I'm not sure what exactly it is or how to clean it up.
Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 279417

Every time I do a WC I use a soft bristled toothbrush to "clean" my anubias leaves. It works great and keep the leaves for getting any kind of build up on them. I usually hold my hand underneath the leave and gently brush the top. Works for me!

What kind of fish is in the pic? It's shaped similar to some rainbows or is it a cichlid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a red rainbow. His coloring was just coming back in from the water change and cleaning I had to do.
It was pretty extensive and intense.

Every time I do a WC I use a soft bristled toothbrush to "clean" my anubias leaves. It works great and keep the leaves for getting any kind of build up on them. I usually hold my hand underneath the leave and gently brush the top. Works for me!

Thanks. I usually try to rub the leaves off with my fingers but it really doesn't clean up that well. I also will dip in a diluted peroxide solution. It doesn't work on this stuff.

Did a 50% water change today and some much needed cleaning.
I have neglected this tanks ferts and such by concentrating solely on my 20L.
Time to catch up.
I changed the water and did a lot of rearranging to try and help out my plants. Some of my low light plants are getting too much so I positioned them to where some light will be blocked off.
I also brought back a couple old pieces of DW to fill out the tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448854529.381856.jpg
I also found this under my AmazonSword a week or two ago but still not sure what it is. I thought maybe a new bulb from the mature plant but I'm not sure.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448854632.487483.jpg
Any ideas?

Think.ive heard that somewhere?? They drop bulbs which can be replanted. Looks good.man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys. Been a while since I did anything with this tank so I got some catching up.
I think this one is going to be my 1st pressurized tank soon.
I'll keep the DIY on the 20L for a while.
Took a pic for ya last night Brookster:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448895559.259939.jpg

I noticed 2 days ago and told my wife there seems to be some flirting going on in this tank and she said naw.
Who was right......yep.....ME....lol
This is what I found this morning.
They must like the setup being as this is the first I've seen since I've had them. Soo cool!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449066847.845611.jpg

Congrats!!!
The fish are stunning!
That lemon is all over those eggs!
Those EBA are on my short list I think?
Plans on attempting to raise fry???

Bandit I have no idea where to even start, other than the fish and eggs of corse, but I would like too.
I have a 10 & 29 I could set up for them.
Only issue was that when I fed all three of them come and ate.
It is my understanding that when they are carrying they will not eat.
Obviously you have way more experience with this than myself,being as I only have a little reading knowledge and you have been raising cichlids, so I would appreciate your input here.

I would do an artificial hatch in the 10g!
Move tank water over,the rock,air stone ,heater and some MB.....
Bare bottom and go from there.

I have no 'official' EBA breeding info but I am sure others here know more or it is very similar to many cichlids??

Dudeeeeeee, that's awesome!!!! Get that 10 going

Have an extra hob?

Back
Top Bottom