My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CorallineAlgae said:
Netting cardinals out of a reef is hard work. Let us know how it goes. It takes a lot of luck. lol

This big guy is gone. He was a sucker and came out to eat. So I traded another reefer close to me for a piece of orange cap. It's about the size of a playing card. Just put it in

image-1192177421.jpg

Convict2161 said:
Tanks looking good brother! Just read some of the updates and saw the pics! Love that eel!! I'm jealous!!

Thanks brother. Glad to see you are back around

Sharkbait54 said:
How is eel doing? Tank looks good!

Eel is doing good. Eats good and stays to himself. Doesn't bother anything as of yet. Think I might throw a protein skimmer in. Not sure yet. The Maroon Clown is gone. Sold him and got another BW clown. So my stock now is

2 BW Clowns
Wheeler Goby
Snow Flake Eel
1 Banggai Card which when caught I am selling too
The my inverts and Snails

Grabbed some new coral. Finally got some Duncan I have been wanting. Also a pink birds nest, or Monti Cap and Season Greetings Monti Cap.

image-3219956412.jpg

image-3260950010.jpg

image-943673311.jpg

image-2420489683.jpg

Beautiful. I cant wait to get coral myself. Just waiting till i get a little extra free time so i can monitor the acclimation of them.

Im thinking of getting a eel also since i only have 2 clowns a chalk bass and a goby right now. How long is yours?

Sharkbait54 said:
Beautiful. I cant wait to get coral myself. Just waiting till i get a little extra free time so i can monitor the acclimation of them.

Im thinking of getting a eel also since i only have 2 clowns a chalk bass and a goby right now. How long is yours?

I wouldnt put an eel in a biocube... And definitly not with nano fish :/ especially not inverts. It may not go bad immediatly, but eventually things start to dissapear.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I wouldnt put an eel in a biocube... And definitly not with nano fish :/ especially not inverts. It may not go bad immediatly, but eventually things start to dissapear.

I might try it then just trade him for a smaller one when he gets too big. What ive noticed is they just sit under a rock most of the time. I do weekly water changes any ways. I saw an eel at my lfs and his mouth is tiny.

Nu-Nu the eel said:

I M getting a bigger tank and he is just a baby. They are fine with clowns other than that I won't have anything else from the cube once I upgrade

22engine said:
I M getting a bigger tank and he is just a baby. They are fine with clowns other than that I won't have anything else from the cube once I upgrade

Good to know that you will upgrade, but i definitly wouldnt keep an adult with clowns. I have heard many many stories of them getting eaten by eels. Im happy i took a picture of this when i saw it a few months back. Proves my point

Attachments

• image-1371956894.jpg
    image-1371956894.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 103
Added some GSP today. Finally found some that wasn't to big yet or wasn't really small frag.

image-254285193.jpg

Need to hold it down till it attaches to the rock itself though. The hermits moved it already by getting under it.

Tanks looking good brother. Did you get my PM?

Yes sorry meant to reply. Thanks. It's just about full now. That is if I want to leave room for stuff to grow. Will get some more shots up today.

Back
Top Bottom