My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes sorry meant to reply. Thanks. It's just about full now. That is if I want to leave room for stuff to grow. Will get some more shots up today.

Cool... I'll be standing by for some nice pics!! Again GREAT job all around with your tank.

Working the pics now. Took with my new DSLR. Be up today

image-3523472324.jpg

image-3719225773.jpg

image-2790259.jpg

image-1446226036.jpg

image-780655717.jpg

image-3886605260.jpg

image-3615287639.jpg

image-4184324689.jpg

image-1807067997.jpg

Attachments

• image-3398260952.jpg
    image-3398260952.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 129
Love it! Ever considered propagating the toadstool leather? It's insanely easy and having a grouping of them is striking to look at.

Love it! Ever considered propagating the toadstool leather? It's insanely easy and having a grouping of them is striking to look at.

I have thought about it. I love the big head though. I have a green poly one growing now that's already doubled the size and attached nice. It's on the bottom in the middle of the FTS. I plan to upgrade fairly soon. Thinking a 75 gallon and selling the cube.

Think my wheeler goby may be dead or eaten. Probably both. Haven't seen him in over a week and hasn't come out when I feed. I am fairly confident he isn't hiding under the rocks due to me eel owns that space now.

Awesome pics brother! Tank is just awesome! You have a talent my friend :)

Sorry about the goby :(

Thanks brother your tank got me hooked lol. Ya I still haven't seen the goby. Sucks he was cool. Wonder if the eel nipped him. Hasn't bothered anything else. My big BW clown gave him a good smack the other day when I was feeding. Thought it was funny. They were both eating in the same spot and he went to grab a piece the clown had and the clown smacked him in the face with its tail. The eel bolted and wouldn't go near him again.

Been slow here lately but a little up date. My eel MIA and has been for over week. Guessing he is gone. So my stock is two BW Clowns and a lone cardnial fish. On a positive though I changed my middle chamber into a big fuge and with the light convict gave me awhile back it is taking off. I leave the light on all the time until I get a digital timer. Also dropped a bag of chemi pure elite into the bottom corner in chamber two where the water gets pulled into chamber three so water is forced through it. Once I am sure everything is settled down. I will get one more fish and that's it. Thinking a six line wrasse maybe.

Hey brother long time... Stinks about your eel, a 6 line would be really cool. I love mine.

Got any updated pics?

Hey brother long time... Stinks about your eel, a 6 line would be really cool. I love mine.

Got any updated pics?

He isn't dead. Didn't come out for two weeks then suddenly appeared again. Not much change from my last pics. I am actually more than likely going to upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder. I have the tank already. Got it from Petco during the 1 gallon sale and with my rewards I only paid 35 bucks. Painted the back blue at work last night. Now I am searching for a stand. Might build one. Going to transfer all my corals over and sell the cube to cover the cost of the switch so it won't cost me anything. Really like the footprint of the breeder. Plus I am outta room in the cube lol. Will do a build thread on here probably and see if there is some interest in following.

Yea I just saw the tank in the other thread. Can't wait to see this one. For sure start a build thread. You know I'll be along for the ride. Curious to see how you set it up. Skimmer, power heads, fuge etc..

Can't wait.

Yea I just saw the tank in the other thread. Can't wait to see this one. For sure start a build thread. You know I'll be along for the ride. Curious to see how you set it up. Skimmer, power heads, fuge etc..

Can't wait.

I will start a thread. Well the two attempts to build a stand aren't going to hot so I should have just put the money towards what it is going to cost be to buy one now lol.

Even so, a DIY stand is almost always superior to a store bought one. Much better materials, customized for you, etc. even if the cost is the same or even a bit more, you'll be ahead.

I agree. My DIY stand is way nicer than a store model even though I just used normal southern yellow pine. Not everybody has a woodshop though.

Found a stand from a guy that's a reefer close to me. Going to get it this weekend then I need to plan the move. Will start a thread once I get the stand.

Back
Top Bottom