My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I didn't read that one. That's the plan I was going with. The lights are still out and I can't see the dino anymore. Going to give it the day though still. Kinda afraid to turn them back on now lol. Cause i did it for a day and turned them back on last week and the dinos were back in a couple hours. However if we lose power today like there is a good chance of then I won't have to make the decision to turn the lights on.

image-1431489703.jpg

Dinos are gone. For now atleast. Hopefully for good. Going continue dosing for the rest of the week.

22engine said:
Dinos are gone. For now atleast. Hopefully for good. Going continue dosing for the rest of the week.

I love those orange acan! Maybe we can do a little swapping one of these days for something?

Audiew said:
I love those orange acan! Maybe we can do a little swapping one of these days for something?

That's fine. It's the shipping that will get ya though.

Well came home from working a triple and found that my turbo knocked over my frogspawn that was glued to a rock a d right onto my nice green toadstool frag. Took it off and looks like about 7/8 of the frag got stung to death. There is still a small section that has some life

22engine said:
Well came home from working a triple and found that my turbo knocked over my frogspawn that was glued to a rock a d right onto my nice green toadstool frag. Took it off and looks like about 7/8 of the frag got stung to death. There is still a small section that has some life

Wow that's a bummer!

22engine said:

Ouch sorry to hear that bud.

Very sorry to hear it. My brother has been loosing his turbos lately and I've been telling him stories like this. They used to knock over a lot of corals in my old 30 long. Traded them all in for smaller snails and never regretted it. Corals are expensive and snails are cheap. Better to loose the snails.

I hope your toadstool can be fraged and have parts of it saved at least. They're far and away my favorite type of leather.

Thanks all. I saw some polyps on it out. Barely but a positive sign. I am going to leave it be for now and see what happens. I got it as a frag and it took a month to take hold so I could take the rubber bands and tooth pick off.

New tank mate. He's a baby so he will be ok in the 29 for now. Guess I will have to upgrade to a bigger one soon ;).

image-3057592412.jpg

22engine said:
New tank mate. He's a baby so he will be ok in the 29 for now. Guess I will have to upgrade to a bigger one soon ;).

How long you think he would be okay in a 29? With your load?

Audiew said:
How long you think he would be okay in a 29? With your load?

Not sure. I am going to watch everything. So far everything is ok. My mean pistol shrimp is not happy that's for sure. My goby is a little annoyed but watching them for awhile I think the eel was just checking I'm out. He never opened his mouth. I read they are safe with other fish as long as they can't fit in its mouth.

On another note I believe both my cardinals are male because now the big one is bulling the little one. Might have to trade them in or at least one of them

Yeah my brother got three cardinals to get a pair. The male's mouth is overloaded with fry right now. Should be free swimming in the next few days.

22engine said:
Not sure. I am going to watch everything. So far everything is ok. My mean pistol shrimp is not happy that's for sure. My goby is a little annoyed but watching them for awhile I think the eel was just checking I'm out. He never opened his mouth. I read they are safe with other fish as long as they can't fit in its mouth.

On another note I believe both my cardinals are male because now the big one is bulling the little one. Might have to trade them in or at least one of them

I'm sure you will be fine for now. Just keep him fed and he won't bother anything lol. I think I have the same problem, except they don't bully each other but they sure don't stick by each other constantly

Audiew said:
I'm sure you will be fine for now. Just keep him fed and he won't bother anything lol. I think I have the same problem, except they don't bully each other but they sure don't stick by each other constantly

I feed the tank formula one cube today and i shot some down in from of the eel and he went to town so that's good. Petco was trying to feed him live feeder and it wouldn't eat it so I was happy he ate so fast. My big card chases the little guy every time he comes out to far from the back. They now stay on opposite sides of the tank most of the time. I might trade them both in. Not sure yet. The eel is def bad as* though.

Back
Top Bottom