my first ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very awesome looking tank...i have two 10G but I don't think it is as nice looking as yours..i agree with the DW, that is pretty nice looking piece.

i am sorry for your lose too. I lost my betta a few months ago and I just bought another one last wednesday. it is difficult to see them gone...

Got bad news today where I live you can not have fish tanks of any size :( very angry about that finally got it all going and stocked and now have to get rid of it(>_<)

Got bad news today where I live you can not have fish tanks of any size :( very angry about that finally got it all going and stocked and now have to get rid of it(>_<)
What is this?! that stinks!!! why can't you have fishes???

Awhile back they had a tenet with a tank that broke, flooded and destroyed the floor so they didn't want that to happen again so they sent a paper to everyone to remove fish tanks from all apartments

swit said:
Awhile back they had a tenet with a tank that broke, flooded and destroyed the floor so they didn't want that to happen again so they sent a paper to everyone to remove fish tanks from all apartments

O what.. Man that isn't fair :( sorry dude!

10 gallons isn't much...I would keep it. I could see them saying no to a huge tank though. Do they know you even have a tank? When I lived in an apartment years ago I had a cat and they never knew.

I was thinking the same thing, Kat! As long as they don't already know about it. I'm getting ready to move out and rent a house and I'm not sure if I should say anything about my tanks. With the 10 gal, you could cover it with something if there was an inspection. But I have a 23, a 55 and a 60 gal. Kinda hard to hide those! :lol:

Today I called the number on the paper and got permission to keep the fish tank yeah:D

That is very awesome news....I am very happy for you...good thing my landlord didn't complain when I got 4 tanks. LOL.

And i just noticed that you are in CT. I am from MA. Hello almost neighor. :)

Hubert90 said:
Hurray' that's great! U must be stoked!! I would be so happy! Hahaha happy times!

Yes I am very happy now thank you:D

Also could everyone help me decide on a new fish to get I thinking about a dwarf gourami love to hear other ideas even though there isn't really much to work with in a ten gallon

i have one male gourami in my 10G. they are very beautiful. I know they grow up to 2.5" and they are very active. I don't know if they are supposed to be in a bigger tank but so far, my Edwin looks happy in my 10G.

Gourami is ok in a ten, maybe bigger is better, but just keep one, they will get territorial in a smaller tank with buddies. Mine seems to love my platties, balloon molly, guppies, and corys, havnt had any problrms, but he does seem to really hate snails in his tank..anywho, good lucky

Gourami is ok in a ten, maybe bigger is better, but just keep one, they will get territorial in a smaller tank with buddies. Mine seems to love my platties, balloon molly, guppies, and corys, havnt had any problrms, but he does seem to really hate snails in his tank..anywho, good lucky

Hi hippy. Is yours in a ten too? That must be so awesome to look at with all his buddies.

Yeah, he's a cinnimon dwarf, he seems super happy, swimming with the others, playing and hiding, he's one of my fav. For sure

Cool...I don't know what type mine is, they just put male dwarf gourami at petco so that's what he is i think...LOL. But anyhow, mine is the bluish with striped orange look...so I don't know if that is the normal color for a dwarf gourami...he is beautiful that's for sure.

Perhaps a picture, but sounds like it may be a powder blue dwarf gourami, there cool, although there is a sickness that effects these fish, so be careful for that

oh no....really? The first picture is how he looks like.

And I have another one in my other 10G, this one looks plain but his head looks silvery and the half of his body is like light yellow.

Attachments

• IMGA0024.JPG
    IMGA0024.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 106
Back
Top Bottom