my first ten gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not a pb dwarf, but he sure looks snazzy :) mine tends to hang out in the bottom most of the time, right now he's exploring his new cave

My daughters' blue one died the other day. They put that one and a honey gourami in their 10g and the blue one either lost or was sick when they got him. The honey one seems to like his rasbora tankmates. I have since read that there should only be one. Live and learn.

You can have 2, but id say at least 20 gal, and lots of hiding places. I have a big cichlid cave, and none of my fish used it, but I put algea tabs in it, and now my gourami is usually guarding his cave, the only reason I lost my second was a mean balloon molly

I got a new addition to the tank it is a male dwarf gourami he is awesome they are very beautiful fish I will post pics tomorrow

Just keep in mind all gouramis, specifically dwarf gouramis suffer from dgd (dwarf gourami desiese) or somthn similar, and it can easily wipe out a few fish overnight

hippy guy said:
Just keep in mind all gouramis, specifically dwarf gouramis suffer from dgd (dwarf gourami desiese) or somthn similar, and it can easily wipe out a few fish overnight

What exactly is it?

I'm not 100%, but I believe its a viral infection, and effects gouramis, mostly the dwarf variety. Similar to neon tetra desiese in that it happens without warning, but it differs in that fish don't nessicarily need to bite the infected fish or food that fish has eaten. If one gets it, they all will, because it is carried in water. It will basically kill the gourami in a few days to a week, and just like neon tetra desiese, there is no known cure, although my cinnimon survived, but I was doing daily 50% water change, sometimes twicfe, for 2 weeks

I know about this disease I've done allot of research it is one reason I didn't start with a dwarf gourami

Hey sorry about not posting any pics yet had bad strep just now starting to feel better so the pics will be up in the next few days the dwarf gourami is doing very well it has been a little territorial over the cave won't let anything near it.
And a couple of shrimp are carrying eggs is there any thing I can do to make sure they survive

here are the pic of the new dwarf gourami :D

Attachments

• 101_0001.jpg
    101_0001.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 101_0004.jpg
    101_0004.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 101_0006.jpg
    101_0006.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 101_0007.jpg
    101_0007.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 169
Here's my new 10 gal Tetra half moon rank

Attachments

• image-1226538029.jpg
    image-1226538029.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2375325088.jpg
    image-2375325088.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2473217963.jpg
    image-2473217963.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 119
Hey everyone a couple of updates the dwarf gourami is doing very well in the tank and has built a bubble nest and I'm having a problem with green algae wondering what I should to remove it I'll do some research on hear about algae but any advice would be appreciated :)

Hello again just thought I would post an update every thing is awesome the dg has settled in to his new how and seems to be pretty happy finally got rid of green algae for the most part but I need a new light not to sure on what to get any suggestions thank you

Back
Top Bottom