My Plecosamus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shes not gonna do it. She just blatantly said she doesn't care, and when he dies I'm not allowed to get another pleco in my 10g. I'm really not happy about that. I'm down to the last resort, which is to give him the happiest life possible till he dies. There isnt much more I can do really.

alia258 said:
Shes not gonna do it. She just blatantly said she doesn't care, and when he dies I'm not allowed to get another pleco in my 10g. I'm really not happy about that. I'm down to the last resort, which is to give him the happiest life possible till he dies. There isnt much more I can do really.

After going through all of this... Why would you want another pleco in your 10 gallon?

Oh no I wouldn't! But I might get a 15-25g that could safely house a bristle nose! And I'd like to get cherry shrimp for the 10g. But I like plecos, and keeping one safely in a big enough tank would be nice ^^

I am going to do some serious bribing to get my bristle nose!

alia258 said:
Oh no I wouldn't! But I might get a 15-25g that could safely house a bristle nose! And I'd like to get cherry shrimp for the 10g. But I like plecos, and keeping one safely in a big enough tank would be nice ^^

As previously stated in this thread you will need at least a 30g for a bristlenose.

Oh well yes, I'll only get the little pleco if it's big enough. My boyfriend says he has a really big tank that's maybe a 15-25 gallon, but I think it'll be around 30g. I will most certainly NOT get a pleco if it's too small. But I have some bad news guys! Pleas tell me this is just ick and I can treat him when I get home:

View attachment 79354

View attachment 79356

View attachment 79355

The medicine I have treats ick, protozoan velvet, and external parasites, please tell me that it's one of those and he's gonna be okay!

Please tell me I can treat my pleco with what I have!

Its hard to see what you are talking about... What does it look like?

It doesn't look like ick to me. Ick is like it sprinked all over the fish. Is it fuzzy looking?

alia258 said:
I love this fishy so much!!! Look at all these great pics!!! Please do comment, and ask any questions you'd like, as I am very sure in my ways of raising plecos ^^

When he was younger:

His cuteness hanging on a leaf:

Hanging out with his little cory friend:

His "mohawk":

He is healthy and happy! And he's such a fatty! He eats a whole one of those disc algae things every evening! That's so cute!!! I love him, his name is Oscar ^^~<3

He's my little highfin pleco having a munch-fest

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120227_111931.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120227_111931.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 63
He has whit spots on the side of his chest. They are kinda fuzzy and might be the first stage of ick. I think I'll treat the tank tonight and see what happens.

alia258 said:
He has whit spots on the side of his chest. They are kinda fuzzy and might be the first stage of ick. I think I'll treat the tank tonight and see what happens.

Dont treat for what you dont know!! It does not look like ich, but more like a fungus

alia258 said:
What do I tray him for then???

It almost looks like he is loosing scales and skin.

I'd make a new thread, and get some better pictures of him

Oh I could probly dose some extra StressCoat+ in the tank if that's the issue

What are your water parameters..ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

Have you added new fish recently?

Does it look fuzzy, like a fungus?

It's hard to tell, I think it might be ick or that velvet thing, but then I was told it could be loss of scales! I put extra stress coat in (it's a dechlorinater and in higher doses repairs damaged find and also in the dechlorinating dose it adds a slime coat to the fish and one of the main ingredients is aloe) and I've been looking at the spots, but then the other day his 'tummy' looked extremely light, so I assumed all the scales on the bottom of his tummy fell off, and it looks darker today as if they grew back but those spots are still there and there's more of them. Oh and he has these markings on his back that are like a lighter color of his skin, as if he's been acidentally bleached (but it's even on both sides, he wasn't actually bleached) and the light spots are lighter than normal, which bothers me.

I don't know my parameters, all I could give you is pH, unless my dads pool testing kit would work. (I saw an aquarium testing kit that looked just like my dads pool testing kit)

I don't have a quarantine tank to use for him, and even if I did, I doubt it would be big enough.

And yes, I know a 10g is way too small for a regular pleco, and I've tried and tried to find a home for him big enough, but the best I can do is a 15-30 gallon tank (my bf is giving it to me and he's gonna give me the measurements to find out how much it actually holds) and the only tank I know of close enough to me that's big enough already has a two and a half foot pleco in it, and I was told that when they're older they get territorial.

I'll test pH right now (in hopes it might help)

Oh an yes! I added two female guppies and a male (one is already expecting) but those guys are in perfect health. I added some anacharis two days ago, but this problem was here before I got the plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom