My Plecosamus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that sucks about common plecos. I don't wanna have to re-home Mr p, hope he doesn't get huge. He's about 3-4 inches right now. 29g tank

Is there anyone who lives is Tucson who owns a 100g with community fish, and will promise to take care of my pleco? And also send me pics of him from time to time!

alia258 said:
Is there anyone who lives is Tucson who owns a 100g with community fish, and will promise to take care of my pleco? And also send me pics of him from time to time!

I know some people put them in their ponds during the summer and when it gets to cold they bring them inside. Maybe you could rent him?

Nobody in Tucson owns a pond, I need someone with a 100g, but I could always have an outdoor thing set up, if I find the right stuff

alia258 said:
Nobody in Tucson owns a pond, I need someone with a 100g, but I could always have an outdoor thing set up, if I find the right stuff

Ya you need a koi pond ;)

alia258 said:

I'm sure someone does. Put an ad on craigslist or in the local newspaper looking for someone with a pond that wants a pleco. Don't forget about printed ads!

Just remember that if it gets under 70 degrees it may kill them during the winter. I don't know what the weather is like down there during the winter.

Sooo cute! Plecos are my favorite fish! Mine is named Daizy and she is about 3 1/2 inches now. She likes to stick herself to the underside of the lid of the sparkly pink treasure chest in her domain. Precious. I'd post pics, but they always come out blurry. And alia258, Oscar is going to need more room quick!

I know he needs room! I can't find any! My poor pleco! :( I hope I can find him a place soon!!! :0

alia258 said:
I don't think there any mom&pop fish stores near me for him to live at, though I would accept that if they promise to keep him as a non sellable to just be a cleaner for the tanks. But where am I supposed to find a local breeder that'll be nice like that?

Do you have a local zoo that you could try donating him to?

No, the zoo wouldn't take him. I think I'll try making an outdoor thing.

from working at a local aquarium I can tell you 95% of them will take plecos if they have room in a tank or an outdoor pond

alia258 said:
No, the zoo wouldn't take him. I think I'll try making an outdoor thing.

YAY! Ponds!
Wanta make sure its at least 4 ft deep so no racoons or birds of prey can get to it. Can't wait to see it! :)

I'm in a tight spot...my mom doesn't belive that my pleco needs a bigger tank...that means no pond, no giving it away, and no bigger tank...that's not cool man!

Awww :(
If you weren't so far away I would adopt him. Maybe when he grows a bit more she'll change her mind?

But his growth is gonna be stunted! How am I supposed to know if he'll get much bigger?

I don't know if I wanna put my pleco through shipping, they aren't a hardy species, but a good idea ^^

Show your mom that he does. Do lots of research on the subject and compile a report of sorts, including your sources of information. Show her this thread as well. If nothing else it will prove to her that you are serious about fishkeeping and the welfare of your fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom