New 55Gal Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yesterday i got my new 55 Gallon tank and i should be setting it up today. I got it off of craigslist and its huge and it came with lots of stuff. Two Tetra whisper filters, a heater, light, algae scrubber, sand sifter or something, hydrometer, saltwater test kit(API), instant ocean salt, bunch of different fish food, bunch of decorations, loose filter media, air pump, net, ich cure, and some kind of thing that looks like a fan but im not sure what it is. All this stuff is great and im super excited about it :)
My plan for this tank is still in progress but i have a few things thought up like im just gonna use fake plants and it will be freshwater and i have a few fish for the stocking...

3 Rainbows(not sure which kind)
2 Paradise Fish
A school of Penguin Tetras
And maybe a few Corydoras

If you guys have any suggestions on anything or if im doing anything wrong please post them. Thanks :D
Here are somepics of the new tank and my others...
The first one is the new 55 gal, the second is my 40 gal hex, and the third is my 10 gal it has decor that is going in the 55 inside right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 190
I would upgrade the filters, IME they don't do a very good job of keeping the water clean

All they are are water pumps pumping water through a filter pad. I had one rated for 30g in my 10g tank and did very poorly.

I would recommend upgrading to at least a two HOB, or a single canister

All they are are water pumps pumping water through a filter pad. I had one rated for 30g in my 10g tank and did very poorly.

I would recommend upgrading to at least a two HOB, or a single canister
Aw that sucks but ok i will look into that but im gonna see how these ones do first.

Ok so I got gravel for my tank and its all set up and looks great now time to cycle it:) I also got two angelfish today and they are doing good i think one is a blushing angel but idk ill post a pic later and they seem to like eachother:) But thats my update:)

Back
Top Bottom