New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol... Being he frequents this forum, I can't... But 45 isn't far off and no shipping cost... If u need pics of those 802's, let me know.

coffeetwitch said:
really? so tickle me. auto parts and tires are crazy high mark up too.

I use to moonlight at best buy... U be amazed of their mark ups. Especially on accessories....

I use to be heavy in car audio and tge mark up on some things are nuts. Its amazing how much extra money someone spend sd when they buy in a stpre

I just did my parameters test and my ph is 8.0.... Usually it's 8.2-8.4. Trites- 0, amonia- 0, and trates 5..... Is this bad?

Theres truly prob a dozen possibilities. Higher than normal air exchange/circulation. Low buffer level issues. Those are a few

Kio707 said:
I just did my parameters test and my ph is 8.0.... Usually it's 8.2-8.4. Trites- 0, amonia- 0, and trates 5..... Is this bad?

What is your calcium and alk?Usually if you keep them right your PH is not a problem.

Ricksreef said:
What is your calcium and alk?Usually if you keep them right your PH is not a problem.

Yeah, u got me on that one. I only have an API master kit. Does the basics. Ph, amo, trites, and trates. I get a better kit on the 1st, has it all... Only thing different is I added LR... Other then that, no changes. I use to dose with a 2 part Kent cal. I ran out. Maybe I need to go get more???

huma-huma said:
Theres truly prob a dozen possibilities. Higher than normal air exchange/circulation. Low buffer level issues. Those are a few

Man, this is like a puzzle every day... Lol

Kio707 said:
Yeah, u got me on that one. I only have an API master kit. Does the basics. Ph, amo, trites, and trates. I get a better kit on the 1st, has it all... Only thing different is I added LR... Other then that, no changes. I use to dose with a 2 part Kent cal. I ran out. Maybe I need to go get more???

No you need to get calcium and alk test kits,and check your levels.Don't add any supplements for calcium until you can test.

Got another question. Found a 125 gal tank, thinking of up grading. 1) would a 75 gal sump work with it or do I need bigger? 2) how do I transfer everything? 3) does the new tank need to cycle too?

Go for it, general rule of thumb is go as big as you can afford. And a 75 g sump would be sufficient

Well, that's one question answered... Lol... What about the other two?

Id prob get the new tank in place, fill with new sw, let it stabilize, place lr in it,drain old tank to 40-50% place livestock in holding tank/buket, drain remaining water, remove sand,clean thoroughly , place sand into new tank,then lr tgen acclimate...ta da!! Sorry if its a little lengthy but I tried to keep it short

Back
Top Bottom