New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There u go... They r bright! I still gotta add 50lbs of rock.

Last edited:
carey said:
They are bright! I think I woudl need 3 for my 6 foot tank though. Are they easy to install?

Very... Attach the cord, plug in power cord, and turn on switch... On tank with double sided tape. I adjusted them down so I could get a pic... 2 will work, trust me...

Oh, so exited now. I dont have moonlightng on any of my tanks but the cube and those stink. LOL It would be cool to see what goes on in there at night, I currently use a flashlight to check it out. Plus I'm a BIG fan of the blue lights.

carey said:
Oh, so exited now. I dont have moonlightng on any of my tanks but the cube and those stink. LOL It would be cool to see what goes on in there at night, I currently use a flashlight to check it out. Plus I'm a BIG fan of the blue lights.

I readjusted them... My fish are very active at night, plus I see new critters... Lol... Only issue is my PH is 8.0.... I bought a buffer to help out with it.... All other levels are good... Idk... I'll test my RO water next time...

My ph is at 7.8 as of 10 minutes ago and my alk has dropped to 7.4. just dosed some buffer. What a pain, I;m gonna have to do this everyday now I betcha.

carey said:
My ph is at 7.8 as of 10 minutes ago and my alk has dropped to 7.4. just dosed some buffer. What a pain, I;m gonna have to do this everyday now I betcha.

Just crazy... Was always 8.4 before... But this altitude does not help...

I know that ph refers to how acidic/basic a liquid is, 7 being neutral. Alkalinaity is the measure of how much alkaline is in the water. Alk is one part that "buffers" the waters ph, along with kg. . I believe that's it lol

New rock in and rose nem.... Tell me what you think....

Last edited:
slitherbomb said:
Yes they should be alright as long as they aren't both females.

Tnx.... I'll just have to get rid of one of the clowns a got now...

+1 on the clowns. weve got a b&w with an ora clown. the b&w was the bigger of the two and ora clown was selected by the smallest one they could net.

they get along great!

+1 on the clowns. weve got a b&w with an ora clown. the b&w was the bigger of the two and ora clown was selected by the smallest one they could net.

they get along great!

Thanks! Just what I needed to hear... How's the sump?

Back
Top Bottom