New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone notice Carey has been offline all day? She most have gone fish buying..... :)

my new tank

Set up my tank 2 weeks ago now got fish in did ph test all fine, I feed twice a day small bit, how often do you do a half tank water change?

loopyleigh said:
Set up my tank 2 weeks ago now got fish in did ph test all fine, I feed twice a day small bit, how often do you do a half tank water change?

Ur tank complete it's cycle?

It was set up for two weeks before I added fish, they only been in tank since Tuesday

loopyleigh said:
It was set up for two weeks before I added fish, they only been in tank since Tuesday

I got that... But did it cycle? Did u test ammonia, trites, and trates?

You need to do the other test... If you didn't cycle your tank right, you may very possible lose all your fish.

here is a link for cycling your tank, I would suggest you return or have your fish store hold them for you while you cycle your tank. As stated you can possibly lose all your fish to ammonia poisoning. The very next thing you need to do , and I mean quick is get a water test kit, API saltwater master kit. Ity will have ammonia, hi ph, nitrite and nitrate tests included and is abotu $20 on amazon. It is vital that you have this test, especailyl if you decide to cycle with your fish.

Cycle your salt tank

Good luck!

I will have my bulbs today, but may not have stands for the light...UGH!!!! if I put it on top of the tank, I'm going to screw up the light, huh?

Well, just got a call from aquacave and my bulbs won't be here till next week... :'(

Doesn't that stink? I got 8 of my 12 bulbs today from BRS and the other 4 I need won't be here til Monday, THANKS marine depot. LOL I wanna put the lights in NOW LOL

Needs to be done properly keep eye on fish as they need that light but a day without is ok

I was going to change my lighting schedule and move some corals aorund when I introduce the 12 new bulbs. Give them a little breather as I know the new lights are gonna be like a 100x brighter than the old 1 year old plus stock bulbs.

spoonman said:
Are you putting all the new bulbs in at the same time? Could that be a shock to the fish and corals?

Has 2 switches. Going to arrange it so it's not a shock... Baby steps... Lol...

For future reference incase some needs silicone.... Aquarium safe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom