New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
400 gph.... Not a huge amount, but the water is moving well when they are at full blast..

That is pretty good, but I would definitely get a bigger one whenever you can. Maybe not as much as me lol but aim for 2 800gph or so.

Have decided to get rid of my fresh water in order to get another SW tank. Going 150 or bigger this time.

Lol.... Yeah, I'm a Florida boy, can't get rid of that salt-life, even though I'm in Colorado now... Lol

Tnx to Carey for recommending reef cleaners. Got a lot of inverts in and very happy with them. I appreciate your help and advice.

Glad you were pleased with your order, I've used them a few times and have always had good luck with them :)

K, so don't upgrade my power heads? Also, where should I place them. U can see the placement in my pics.

Is it normal for a six line wrasse to be MIA for a week or more? I haven't seen this guy since I bought him... :(

Kio707 said:
Is it normal for a six line wrasse to be MIA for a week or more? I haven't seen this guy since I bought him... :(

Have you checked all around the tank,they are jumpers,I lost mine that way.

Nope, no fish jerky... Now I'm missing a clown... SMH... I looked every where for it. Sump, took apart power heads, overflow... I'm lost...

Kio707 said:
Nope, no fish jerky... Now I'm missing a clown... SMH... I looked every where for it. Sump, took apart power heads, overflow... I'm lost...

The previous picture looks like you have the condo anemone,that may be where your missing fish went.

Its a long tentacle (better picture in my photos), but I haven't seen it there either. Usually the two of them are always together. (Two clownfish)

Well, after looking, I believe it may be a condy.... Idk... Lfs said it was a long tentacle...

Ok, better pic of the amn.... Can anyone identify it?

Last edited:
That's not good.... Lfs said it was a long tentacle and I paid a long tentacle price... Won't the Condy eat fish?!? Do I need to get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom