New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that is so awesome! Hey I'm new here and don't know anything about sw tanks. I got mine started earlier this week and have 35 lbs of live rock and have a yellow tail damsel and a three stripe. Any suggestions on what type of fish should be next?

Also what is the name of that anemone? Where did you get it online? If so what site? Cost?

Lastly...I want to start my own thread but don't know how! Help:/

How big is ur tank? Have you already let it cycle? It's a purple tip sebae. I got it from the lfs (local fish store). I paid 40 b/c they sold me a condy instead of a long tentacle.. Not their fault, the invoice said it was a long tentacle... To start a thread, go to a forum, and choose start a new thread.

Clowns are great to start with. Others, depends on ur tank size. Go to liveaquraia.com. A lot of useful info there. And of course, everyone here is really helpful...

Well a PH took out one of my Cardinals.... It has a screen, but I guess it was there for to long. :(.... Any suggestions?

try placing a sponge filter around it , may slow your ph down a bit but should keep fishies from getting stuck :)

Anybody recommend and good coral? I have 3 clowns, 1 cardinal, and 1 coral beauty as far as fish. They don't mess with the lil coral I have now, I just want some more. Lighting is good, levels are awesome... Also, anyone recommend some more tank mates?

Anybody recommend and good coral? I have 3 clowns, 1 cardinal, and 1 coral beauty as far as fish. They don't mess with the lil coral I have now, I just want some more. Lighting is good, levels are awesome... Also, anyone recommend some more tank mates?

My sebae keeps shriveling up, hiding under rocks, and going face down. It's not always shriveled and my clown keeps hosting it. But it does go face down a lot. Always shrinks when the clown leaves it... Is this normal? I just did a pwc and levels are good... I'm just worried about it.

Nems move around when they arent happy. If your water is good maybe theres somemthing else that it is looking for. What is the lighting on this tank? Maybe its ins search of that. How often are you feeding it and how much? Maybe its looking for food.

nems are so unpredictable which in a way is kinda cool, but it also caused me no end of worry when I had mine. LOL And mine stayed in the exact spot he started in and didnt move til I gave him back.

Well, when I woke up this morning, it was face up, wide open and the clown was swimming through it as if it was combing it. I target feed it every other day with frozen brine shrimp. Lighting is good, flow is good. idk, maybe i'm over reacting... sucks being the new guy to stuff...lol...

I learn something new every single day here so live and learn.

I;m not sure whats bugging your nem, everything seems as it should. Maybe you have an antsy one? Or maybe the clowns are too much for it. My coral that my clowns hosted was slowly dying die to the constant running against it. yours may be trying to hide from them. lol Just a thought. :)

Well, he was face down last night, but "fluffed" up after the clown was combing him. He was right side up, fully open this morning as the clown combed him. Maybe the clown not being around is the problem ???? That's the only time I see it upside down or shriveled... It's a trip, just don't wanna lose the lil bugger...

Mine shrivels up whenever my cleaner shrimp starts touching it. It also moves whenever I turn on my lights late...lol I really need a timer.

When I got home, I saw the full picture of the clown and nem experience... Of course the noisy coral beauty had to get in the pic... Lol

Last edited:
For ppl with a sump, when you do a pwc, do u go through the main tank or sump?

Back
Top Bottom