New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)..hehe...that is acronisms...

It is even worse when the same acronym stands for several different words depending on service or federal office. ie:

NRC:

National Response Center
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
National Research Center........

thats no lie!!!

Saw that... Just not crazy about having hitch hikers. Also, how many bulbs do I need for a FOWLR? Looking at this.
Current USA Orbit PC Fixtures

i was told somewhere or read it. but if you get your live rock put it a bucket of water with really high salinity and let it sit for a while, all the hitch hikers move off the rock.

coffeetwitch said:
thats no lie!!!

i was told somewhere or read it. but if you get your live rock put it a bucket of water with really high salinity and let it sit for a while, all the hitch hikers move off the rock.

Well, imma cycle the tank with it, so hopefully it kills them.. Sad to say, but hey...

i used lr from the store and cycled my 75 with it. aptaisia and bristle worms (if you think bristle worms are bad) made it. spot killing the aptaisia was easy enough though.

are flat worms bad? cause after a while i think i had a population of them too.

ok i got it kio. i dont know which version of ios your updated to but in the most recent one just make your vid and you know that little box with the arrow coming out. hit that. send to youtube is one of the options.

coffeetwitch said:
ok i got it kio. i dont know which version of ios your updated to but in the most recent one just make your vid and you know that little box with the arrow coming out. hit that. send to youtube is one of the options.

Got it sent, now waiting on YouTube to approve it..

Tank is looking good, but we have got to solve your algae issue! How long does it take to build up like that? I get a light hazy green after about 2 days but nothing that the mag float doesnt remove very easily....

What are you doing as far as correcting the issue? I know you use ro/di water so thats certainly not the issue...lol

carey said:
Tank is looking good, but we have got to solve your algae issue! How long does it take to build up like that? I get a light hazy green after about 2 days but nothing that the mag float doesnt remove very easily....

What are you doing as far as correcting the issue? I know you use ro/di water so thats certainly not the issue...lol

It took a min to get like that... I feed once, only have lights on 7 hrs, 20% pwc every week... Phospane reactor is next...

carey said:
Are your phosphates running high?

Haven't tested yet. When I took to lfs 2 weeks ago, no. But heard the algae could just be using them to feed.

Back
Top Bottom