New to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the footprint?
Edit- 24x12? Same as mine, they chill on the bottom mostly but will.swim the water column part time..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok cool, my ph is at 6.8 but temp is low and it's not established enough yet unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, my ph is at 6.8 but temp is low and it's not established enough yet unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ph is perfect, they prefer a well established tank so may be best to wait a bit.. you can start stocking the other tank mates in the meantime. Cardinal and rummynose tetras don't mind the temp, certain corys work too, they love sand as do rams..

Alright I figured it would be best to wait, I'm not quite cycling 4ppm of ammonia yet either so I won't put fish in quite yet

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's the footprint?
Edit- 24x12? Same as mine, they chill on the bottom mostly but will.swim the water column part time..

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421014618.124589.jpg
Is that enough /too much cover and stuff at the bottom for them?

Not at all, that looks great, more the better, they need spots to hide when the mating stuff gets to intense..

Alright thanks, hopefully I can get the crypts and the hair grass to carpet a bit in the next few months before the tank is ready

Alright thanks, hopefully I can get the crypts and the hair grass to carpet a bit in the next few months before the tank is ready

Hair grass huh?? Probably just throw that right in the trash now and go for some dwarf sag or narrow leaf chain sword. Dhg is pretty tough, needs high light, co2 and full line of ferts.. seeing as this is a cichlid thread I'll leave it at that;)

Hair grass huh?? Probably just throw that right in the trash now and go for some dwarf sag or narrow leaf chain sword. Dhg is pretty tough, needs high light, co2 and full line of ferts.. seeing as this is a cichlid thread I'll leave it at that;)

Ah I didn't realize that, no wonder I couldn't get it to grow in my ten, I'll get my lady to bring me some chain sword today from her work

Ah I didn't realize that, no wonder I couldn't get it to grow in my ten, I'll get my lady to bring me some chain sword today from her work

I can barely grow it in a 5.5 under high light with co2 haha.. it's a cruel little plant.. start a planted thread, lots of smert fellers around here..

I can barely grow it in a 5.5 under high light with co2 haha.. it's a cruel little plant.. start a planted thread, lots of smert fellers around here..

I doubt I'll bother making one, this stuff has been frustrating me for over a month I'm ready to just throw it out, I feel stupid for not even thinking to ask someone about it

Back
Top Bottom