Non-Aquarium Hobbies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife would divorce me if I went to a catfish convention. Predator cats and plecos are a severe weakness of mine...

Thats why its no matter how you approach it, its NOT a catfish convention. Lol. Even if it is.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She's into fishkeeping, but she knows I would splurge haha. There has been two times in a little over a week that I literally had to force myself to walk out of the LFS. One had a 3" RTC for $40 and the other had shovelnose hybrids for $20.

She's into fishkeeping, but she knows I would splurge haha. There has been two times in a little over a week that I literally had to force myself to walk out of the LFS. One had a 3" RTC for $40 and the other had shovelnose hybrids for $20.

Lol what would you do with an RTC? Better start digging that pond I've heard of hem growing a foot a year.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Next time im over to his house Ill send you a pic of the 2+ft long RTC in my buddies tank. Its stunning. 500 gl tank

Not to mention plecos, UGH. I have an obsession with Gold Nuggets, Galaxys, Snowballs, Blue phantoms and basically every other "polka dot" patterned plecos..

Your killing me. Im dying to find some gold nugget plecs. Ive been fighting the urge to by 3 zebras.

Oh then you really better stay away from the catfish convention. I never had a concept of how many plecos there are in the world until I went to that convention and saw about half of them.

Including some ridiculously rare, gorgeous pattern ones that ran over $100. I only picked up a nice pair of bristlenose myself. (And some 6 inch clown loaches, oh my goodness!)

Actually I got several rare loaches there- angelicus, big clowns, sidthimunkis, some hillstreams....

Caleb, there's a 586 gallon tank for $350 on my local craigslist. 10 foot 10 inches long, 36" deep and 30.5" tall...Has a cracked glass pane on the bottom, but I have a good friend who just happens to be project manager at Holston Glass Co. who could likely have me a replacement panel made cheaply ^_^

Caleb, there's a 586 gallon tank for $350 on my local craigslist. 10 foot 10 inches long, 36" deep and 30.5" tall...Has a cracked glass pane on the bottom, but I have a good friend who just happens to be project manager at Holston Glass Co. who could likely have me a replacement panel made cheaply ^_^

And how are you going to move that tank?

Zebras are too expensive and stay too small. $400-500 for a 3" fish isn't something I would consider. L-18 Gold Nuggets can be had for $50 on liveaquaria :D

Now you just need to convince the spouse and let me come see it :D

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My trick for convincing my fiance we need a bigger tank is telling her how many angelfish we could put in it, lol. Probably won't work for a RTC tank.

Haha it doesn't take much to convince her. Just have to let her pick out a few inhabitants and she's down for it. Sadly its too big. You're talking close to 2.5 tons of water alone. Not to mention tank weight along with substrate, stand, decor, etc. Defiantly something I would want sitting on concrete and not my living room floor

My trick for convincing my fiance we need a bigger tank is telling her how many angelfish we could put in it, lol. Probably won't work for a RTC tank.

"Yeah I need a special order of 100 Angels" by next week...

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

"Yeah I need a special order of 100 Angels" by next week...

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

On the bright side, if I need that many angels I could probably convince Andy Sager to send me them from his hatchery! 100 angelfish is enough to be wholesale lol.

She has actually gotten over Angels, not sure what happened with that. She's really into Blood Parrots right now for some reason but won't pull the trigger to buy one. She was totally down for me buying the RTC, but the biggest tank I have laterally is my 55. She wants a fishroom when we buy a house too. She's a keeper :D

On the bright side, if I need that many angels I could probably convince Andy Sager to send me them from his hatchery! 100 angelfish is enough to be wholesale lol.

Lol I'm sure he would be overjoyed with an order that size

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom