Parameters are...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ammo.25 nitrites 0 and nitrates 20/30... Am I safe for fish ???

You're tank is not cycled yet. I'd wait for the ammonia to be 0.0ppm before I add any fish. I would also do a PWC to lower the nitrate around 10ppm(anything below 40ppm is ok though) before adding fish so you'll have a window before reaching a stressful level of nitrate for fish.

Ok cool but I'm close then right ..?? I have seen where some ppls
Ammo is.25 and nitrates are under 40 just checking ;) thanks

Had this same issue and the ammonia just looked like .25 when I held it next to the card. You might be fully cycled. Hold the tube up against natural light instead of next to the card and see if there's any green in it. If not, then the card could just be darkening it to look like .25.

The 0 on the ammonia card is wrong, it'll never look like that yellow.

I have had the tank for about three months had fish in it a couple times and returned them bc I was unlearned... I do however have a common pleco in it.. I didn't know about cycling til I already had fish.. I'm doing a fishless on my 55g yay

Cool! =D That sounds like fun! What are you going to stock it with?

Rosenweiss said:
Cool! =D That sounds like fun! What are you going to stock it with?

I was thinking African cichlids but someone on here said I need a larger tank ?? The hard part is picking stuff for my 10g lol

Rosenweiss said:
Had this same issue and the ammonia just looked like .25 when I held it next to the card. You might be fully cycled. Hold the tube up against natural light instead of next to the card and see if there's any green in it. If not, then the card could just be darkening it to look like .25.

The 0 on the ammonia card is wrong, it'll never look like that yellow.

This is my ammo can you tell ??

Attachments

• image-2378905534.jpg
    image-2378905534.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 64
are you guys serious??? OMG That's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hhahahahahha my poor husband... lol I was like you dont understand how exciting this is for me! LOL Thanks guys :)

That should be fine.

Introduce fish slowly. Few fish at a time until the BB catches up and then add a few more... What I do is I check the ammonia levels once a day for a few days when I add new fish.

This is what you've been waiting for! :D

roydooms said:
Looks like 0 to me as well. Just lower the nitrates a little bit then fill it up with fish :D

Awesome thank u

roydooms said:
That should be fine.

Introduce fish slowly. Few fish at a time until the BB catches up and then add a few more... What I do is I check the ammonia levels once a day for a few days when I add new fish.

This is what you've been waiting for! :D

Quick question... My tap is 8.0 or 8.2 is that ok as long as I don't try to lower it ???

Back
Top Bottom