ph level too high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I talked to my son about that list of fish and he really wants sharks and an aggressive tank. So, based on THAT ... what list is there and in what order? lol I'm so sorry!

How about A rainbow shark with the other stocking? Also I guess you can try the rosy barbs, and see if they work out. But if he wants anything more aggressive you'll need to take the gourami back. Also, I wouldn't suggest more then one gourami, as they claim a territory, and the more you add, the more likely they are to beat up on each other and your other fish.

The rainbow shark is the first one we had that died within hours. Of course, that was prior to cycling the tank because I didn't know about that! Do you think that now that the water is testing good, we could try another shark in there with what we have ... including frogs? Nobody is going to eat anybody?

How long do you think the tank needs to cycle and the tests run good before we are ready to get his big goal of a bala shark??

I think you'll be fine. If you do put in the barbs, that'd be ok too. Just add the rainbow shark last to reduce aggression. Just remember... NO TIGER BARBS!!! They just aren't community fish. Lol.

Pamala said:
How long do you think the tank needs to cycle and the tests run good before we are ready to get his big goal of a bala shark??

Bala sharks need at least a 125 gallon tank each, and they need schools of four at least... I'd suggest you stick with the rainbow shark... If you'd still like room for your couch lol.

Cool! Okay, so we get a rainbow shark tonight (just one) and introduce a barb in 2 weeks? Barbs are semi aggressive?

I'm going to let my son make his own account here. He has so many questions and you guys are great! I'm just old, uncool and tired. :)

Pamala said:
Can a rainbow shark and a redtail shark live in the same tank?

That's not very likely. Especially with the other fish you'd like to put in it. If your son wants an aggressive tank... Look into setting up a 75 gallon African cichlid tank for him... No sharks... But LOTS of aggression.

Pamala said:
I'm going to let my son make his own account here. He has so many questions and you guys are great! I'm just old, uncool and tired. :)

Sounds good! Tell me what his username is... And I can help him out!

Great! Tell him to look at this thread. It should help him understand a bit. Just curious, but if you don't mind me asking... How old is he?

I have to unlock the parental controls first I guess. LOL Sigh, work never ends. Anyway, so if he gets a rainbow shark tonight, should we get 1 or 2?

Let's wait on the shark ok... We might have some aggression issues if you add him too soon. Add only 3 black skirt tetras tonight ok?

Cool! I'm 13! Just please hear me out on the adding the rainbow shark last. Tonight, get 3 black skirt tetras, and that's it ok? :)

One last thing ... if we just tried the blue guanami last night, do we need to wait a week before getting the blacktails?

Back
Top Bottom