Ponyo in a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of moving the shrimp to a small bowl. I only have the few, and, although I haven't found anything solid on it, I don't foresee the bigger orange flame breeding with the black rose. I'm 100% sure neither will breed with the blue dreams.

The bowl that I have is 8" in diameter and maybe 3" tall. I'll take a picture in a bit. It has a lip that turns inward. I couldn't really heat it or filter it... Maybe an airstone in a sponge, but nothing else.

TMaier, AutumnSky, you are good at shrimp. I know other people do this, but you would know whether it's a good idea. Thoughts?

I’ve never tried a bowl for shrimp. Just snails. I had a few Shrimp in an unheated tank and they did fine.

3” is not very tall? Is that a typo?

I’ve never tried a bowl for shrimp. Just snails. I had a few Shrimp in an unheated tank and they did fine.

3” is not very tall? Is that a typo?
It's the kind of bowl used for growing bulb plants. I had been using it to propagate Java fern. I could also take the terrarium plants out of the 1 gallon fish bowl and put them in there.

The container you mention is a little bit small.

I have sometimes issues with my 2ish gallon bowl. Seems all is well but the shrimp die, and it is jam packed with Subwassertang and moss. Water parameters are okay but deaths. Have also had long lived inhabitants no issue for a long time.

Best a large vase, bowl. Walmart has a glass jar with lid for around $13. It is like a cylinder and in the glass wares section with lid a small, med. and large size with lid like a old fashioned candy jar/cookie jar. ahh, found a pic
60074-albums12102-picture54834.jpg

20180206_130021.jpg20180206_130108.jpg

I'll be able to get much nicer pictures of you once you can come out.

A black rose shrimp and as many as four blue dream shrimp who were too clever to fall for my bait are waiting for you.

They've gone from, "you're the lady that did stuff to the bag we were in!" and being totally spooked anytime they saw me to, "you're the lady that brings us FOOD!"

They are such beautiful fish. The male is still a little pale. Still sparkly, but not showing his crest or anything. Not sure why. The female looks great. I think female blue rams are my favorite fish.

Back
Top Bottom