Ponyo in a 20 Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They didn't have betta logs, and I didn't feel like buying a plastic plant when he already doesn't rest on the plants in there. I am thinking about cutting a bit of anubias and suspending it near the surface.

I had the leaf hammock but he prefers the log. It’s pretty bright up by the lights and the log is shady. It has a knothole in the top to let some light in.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and I think it would be okay to move Drago to the Spec. We'll try it out before adding any new inhabitants. I may have to take the shrimp back, because most of our critters would consider them delicious.

Plus there's a lot of me that is disappointed at putting a floating piece of plastic in this tank I've worked so hard to make beautiful.

Never see the log. I have it tethered towards the back. IMG_2609.jpg

Here it is right now across the room.

The log looks pretty good in a tank. I can't see TMaiers from there. Mine had a bit of moss growing on it. You could fishing line tie some on and easily make it a feature ;).

20180129_162349-01.jpg
20180129_162409-01.jpeg

The lens on my phone camera is scratched, and these guys are so tiny to begin with.

It makes sense that they could survive with a slow betta, but there's no way they'll make it with rams.

If I use algae tabs to draw them out, how do I prevent them from just hiding again? Should I put the tabs in a net or something?

Clear cups or jars sometimes trick the unaware...
Maybe even bait one ?
I catch a lot of little fish in clear cups..Press against glass and tap so they go to bottom and they are out..

The algae wafers were immediately successful for the black rose and orange flame. The blue dream shrimp are too quick for me to catch even though they are partaking in the bait.

I AM TRYING TO SAVE YOUR LIVES, YOU SILLY CREATURES!

Put the wafer in a deep jar? Maybe they will go in and you can cover the opening and get them out?

Glad to see I am not the only one who yells at their critters ?
??
Put the wafer in a deep jar? Maybe they will go in and you can cover the opening and get them out?
That is a very good idea.

They've all been released back into the tank. Our beautiful new rams drifted sideways when I opened the box. They were very dead. My friend was over at the time (homeschool playdate!), and she had picked the box up (because I sprained my ankle again), and she was afraid she had killed them. No, sweetie, one somewhat quick movement from the ground to table height wouldn't have ended them.

Back
Top Bottom