Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea It's not easy at all. They are supposed to be compatible. The only caution I can think of is the two angels fighting. But the line of what the right number of fish to have before your overstocked I just don't know either.

carey or maybe jlsardina? i would ask them. huma is another one with a big tank. well really lots of people could help you on that front.

It's color and body shape for tangs right? Is it just a color issue with the dwarf angels since they all pretty much have the same body shape?

your tank is big enough that your dwarfs will have a good chance of making territories in different parts of the tank. with enough rock work anyway.

ive read lots on dwarf angels.

coffeetwitch said:
your tank is big enough that your dwarfs will have a good chance of making territories in different parts of the tank. with enough rock work anyway.

Good point. 150 is alot of space for a couple 4" fish.

coffeetwitch said:

That's what I was thinking . The final rock total is 225lbs of base. So there is going be a lot of caves.

As far as the stocking, I for sure wouldn't add two angels. Too much chance of aggression. If the tangs are added together they should be fine. The clown can hold it's own with aggressive fish so that one should be fine. The only thing is not sure if the Betta is peaceful or semi aggressive. I do know they can be difficult fish to keep. Just going from what I've read and heard. :)

You could add some more fish i think s well. But then again, a lightly stocked tank is sometimes a good thing. lol

Thank you Carey. Is there another tang that would be better suited to be with the powder brown ? I'm set on that one not really the sailfin.

It's just a matter of which one you like best is the only answer i can give you. lol I liked the 3 I have so I got them. The yellows can be a bit of a bully but if introduced at the same time can be a go. The ideal scenario would be to have tangs that are completely different in body style and color. I have a yellow, blue and tomini which is brown. Actually the tomini is a really pretty fish, you might want to have a looksie.

For some other tangs that may not be on live aquaria try Saltwater Reef Fish, Marine Fish, Reef Aquarium Coral, Saltwater Supplies & more - Aquatic Connection Live. They have different fish usually and can be a great place to get ideas out of the LA "box" of usual fish.

Ok cool I'll have a look and tweak the list a little bit. Another two fish I'm interested in is the copperband butterfly.( another hard fish to keep) and a dragon wrasse. My worry with the wrasse is him disturbing the sand bed and releasing the gas that forms underneath. Is that a real concern or something that's not a really a big deal?

The fish that disturb the sandbed are good. :) They can aerate the sand in small amounts. I've never heard of them being detrimental to a tanks parameters.

As far as the copperband, well, I would most likely wait or pass. I also am looking at a butterfly to put in my 90g and of course the copperbanded came up. I think I am going with a saddle or double saddle butterfly. I researched ALOT of the butterflys and those guys seem to be the best choice for me.

Awesome I'm going to add the wrasse to my list. It's such a cool looking fish.I guess I will skip on the copperband . Is a blue tang too close in body shape to the powder brown?

I wouldnt think so. My blue tang is pretty mellow though, not sure if all the blues are the same way. He got harassed for like a day by the yellow but quickly got over it. lol

Ok well thanks for all your input it is appreciated. If I had to make my list again right now it would look like this
Porc puffer
Dwarf lion
Potters or half black angel
Powder brown tang
Dragon wrasse
Maroon clown
Marine betta
And another tang to be named later lol

Sound good ? Still a little understocked I hope.

In my opinion, yep, with those fish you will be understocked in a 180g. Always good cause you can add that special fish you may fall in love with!

Back
Top Bottom