post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your cichlids will do a lot better with several stacked rock formations. Lots of fun creating a
hardscape.
Ok cool. Should I get real rocks or these air rocks I been hearing about?

Since it appears you've elected to try African Cichlids, real limestone rocks work really well.
My tanks are all decorated with Texas Holey Rock / Limestone. Lava rock is good too except for the sharp edges. Both type rock have natural holes in it that cichlids like. Rounded river rocks also look good, but no holes. They need to be stacked in order to make hiding spots.
The cheapest place with the best selection to buy rocks is a local rock yard or landscape company. Your LFS will likely be much more expensive.
Your 125 G. Is going to take a lot of rock. My 120 G. has over 100 lbs of limestone rock (THR) Cost me about 25 cents a lb. From the rock yard. My LFS sells (THR) for over $4.00 a lb.

Since it appears you've elected to try African Cichlids, real limestone rocks work really well.
My tanks are all decorated with Texas Holey Rock / Limestone. Lava rock is good too except for the sharp edges. Both type rock have natural holes in it that cichlids like. Rounded river rocks also look good, but no holes. They need to be stacked in order to make hiding spots.
The cheapest place with the best selection to buy rocks is a local rock yard or landscape company. Your LFS will likely be much more expensive.
Your 125 G. Is going to take a lot of rock. My 120 G. has over 100 lbs of limestone rock (THR) Cost me about 25 cents a lb. From the rock yard. My LFS sells (THR) for over $4.00 a lb.
Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna see what I can find today. You've been a great help

Here is my 180 gallon- geoghagus sveni and neambi, biotodoma cupido and wavirinii
lnYavYt.jpg

vsG88o4.jpg

N1kUSLg.jpg

My 90g WIP Mbuna tank. Still needs a lot of work. Current stock is Two Maingano? One Yellow Lab, and one male Yellow Tail Acei. The larger of the two Maingano is the dominate fish in the tank, his name is Midnight. The Yellow Lab is Tweety. Midnight decided to show off for the camera, perfectly.

Attachments

• WIP Mbuna 003.jpg
    WIP Mbuna 003.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 135
  • WIP Mbuna 006.jpg
    WIP Mbuna 006.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 156
  • WIP Mbuna 008.jpg
    WIP Mbuna 008.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 140
I just have 12 yellow labs, and just had a brood of about 10 but I can count. They are mixed in with upside down catfish, giant danios, and a dojo and kuhli loach.IMG_20181014_195910.jpeg

IMG_1326.jpg

That’s mine for now, contains only 2 frontosa for the time being [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom