post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's some type of geophagus. Some are very timid and docile, others are semi aggressive. Overall they are on the less aggressive side of cichlids. Fish that he doesn't see as a threat, and ones to big for him to eat, will be good tank mates
We sure about that? Looks more like an African of sorts.

Thanks for rescuing me from my mistake! Haha! For some reason it looked like a Geo at first glance. Then after I zoomed in this morning I could clearly see its head and mouth shape.
Wasnt trying to over step. Just the difference between adding another geo with a geo vs. Adding a geo with an African... ooofff

Thanks!! Yeah, the store only had him listed as “Ahli Albino”... so I was trying to figure out if he was Malawi v Peacock. Supposedly he had been there for 4-5 months by himself, and the store employee that knew him well named him Jack Frost haha. He is really a character and has lots of personality. He seems farsighted so sometimes he will miss the round pellets right in front of his face. I’ve since moved him to a 65 gallon with several caves and he seems pretty happy with that. I just wonder if he is lonely in there by himself.

So Albino Dragonblood Peacock? Sounds good. I’m sure if I put any fish in there he doesn’t like, he will let me know right away! [emoji6] He is so smart.

Oh wow- so much more complicated than I thought...I assume “hap” is short for some long genus name? Is it important to know the differences?

I’m not sure about the spots, but I think he has white trim on his fin :) thanks for clarifying that. So much to learn!

Back
Top Bottom