Pure ammonia in Australia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah pretty rude, definitely cheaper to drive there and get it, I considered that too, we're a couple of hours south of Sydney but the drive with 2 young kids was so appealing I decided I'd prefer daily water changes for a while :)

Mark1092 said:
I live on the Central Coast, and I've posted around on Aussie fish forums asking if some other tank starters want to split the cost and break it up accordingly... This isn't my first tank, but I had a mishap with my last one and I have to start from scratch.

I can't believe they have the balls to charge 16.50 for a 100-150g parcel... That would cost around 4 bucks to mail with standard Auspost parcel. Unbelievable. The price of the actual product is alright though, 20 bucks. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from where I am though so I spose' I could drive down and get it one day. It'd cost me less in petrol to do that then buy it online...

No I never bothered getting it in the end and just did a fish in cycle with no ill effects what so ever on my fish. For a 20ltr tank I wouldn't bother either lol just do a fish in and close monitoring of the water and the fish will be fine. There are so many purists in AA sometimes who only do fishless cycling. Good for them, bit hard when you can't get hold of ammonia that's suitable so we do it the way it's always been done, with fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom