serious stocking issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue neon
img_2581718_0_dfae72b013d887cee0327fd2acf57043.jpg

brasiliensis
Geophagus_brasiliensis_1.jpg

Just remember, those oscars will get big fast. I wouldn't put anything but the sevrums and the oscars in there and a pleco if its a decent size otherwise its gonna be fish food

OK, I wondered about this my FM is only 1.5 in. Would it be ok to add 2 in. oscar in with 5 in. sev? I'm pretty sure big sev is female, figure would be ok sevs mild tempered and maybe fem. even more so.. Also, what if I grow out my geo and FM? Could add them later?

Just remember, those oscars will get big fast. I wouldn't put anything but the sevrums and the oscars in there and a pleco if its a decent size otherwise its gonna be fish food

So at 4 in. my O still might eat him?? I guess I need to decide if I want to keep him another tank or re-home him

I can't imagine ever finding a gymnogeophagus at a Petsmart, a geophagus brasiliensis, that I can believe. At any rate, gymnos typically require a cool down period (other than a few select species, like balzanii). So they have a few month period where the temp drops down into the 60's. It's this reason that gymnos aren't very popular or common in the trade, and why those that do keep gymnos typically are fanatics

I can't imagine ever finding a gymnogeophagus at a Petsmart, a geophagus brasiliensis, that I can believe. At any rate, gymnos typically require a cool down period (other than a few select species, like balzanii). So they have a few month period where the temp drops down into the 60's. It's this reason that gymnos aren't very popular or common in the trade, and why those that do keep gymnos typically are fanatics

We used to get some oddball fish in as accidentals with shipments. Rare loach in with Yoyo Loaches for example. It's not common but it happens. I pulled out a baby Corydoras axelrodi out of a tank. Came in with some guppies. We never get those.

thanks for that info., now that I'm really thinking about it (my fiance went to pick up fish and tank) the previous owner got stock elsewhere. Due to the anal fin and pics and after checking him out again today when he ate.. pretty sure he's a blue neon. He's pretty cool. Trying to decide if I want to get a couple more in my 30g or rehome. I probably should rehome because I had planned on my cons in my 30.. Don't think fiance will want to rehome cons. I have too many fish! I only have one O by the way. It looks like 2 the way I listed it but was just putting size, 2 in.

The trouble is rehoming to a place will properly care for him.. Maybe an add on CL and the first oerson to mention their rewuirements gets him =)

Back
Top Bottom