Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on getting another betta, who have you guys had the most luck with a far as ordering online?

Mostly just cause I want to get a green elephant ear and name it wasabi :)

I'm planning on getting another betta, who have you guys had the most luck with a far as ordering online?

Mostly just cause I want to get a green elephant ear and name it wasabi :)

Look for Ballbetta Thailand on Facebook. You pay directly to them and they use the regular transhippers in the USA. I am not sure about elephant ears, but they have pretty much everything else you can imagine. They take iPads to the farm and show you the fish under great conditions starting at 6 weeks. You can see them growing.

I just got a halfmoon female with white and blue highlights, beautiful!

They are AMAZING! I've never seen green ones - they're all stunning!

Thanks karry. I looked around for a long time to find a green one. I am actually looking for a dark green one and I thought I found one at petco but I noticed it had a white hazy stuff all over his body. I don't think they change there water enough. I felt sorry for him because its hard to cure them once they get sick. He was really pretty to.

Here she is. Doesn't have a name yet. I'll wait to see the personality first.

Attachments

• image-1045387912.jpg
    image-1045387912.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 102
Look for Ballbetta Thailand on Facebook. You pay directly to them and they use the regular transhippers in the USA. I am not sure about elephant ears, but they have pretty much everything else you can imagine. They take iPads to the farm and show you the fish under great conditions starting at 6 weeks. You can see them growing.

I just got a halfmoon female with white and blue highlights, beautiful!

I would like to keep to the us as much as possible, not really enough in my wallet for transhipping.....

PetCo places their order from Segrest Farms and 5D, all good breeders. If you are lucky, you can get a $40 halfmoon for $12.99.

PetCo places their order from Segrest Farms and 5D, all good breeders. If you are lucky, you can get a $40 halfmoon for $12.99.

My LFS orders from Segrest Farms as well. I've found some excellent Bettas there. Even a solid white pastel hmpk. Didn't buy that one, though.

Here she is. Doesn't have a name yet. I'll wait to see the personality first.

Wow she's pretty! I've never ordered a fish online either but I've been after a mustard gas and can't find one anywhere! Might check it out!
I always feel bad for the ones in the stores though , feel like I have to rescue them! :(

Had to post this new pic I just took, it's by far one of the best because its natural light and you can really see the specks of color...

image-4248385077.jpg

Wow she's pretty! I've never ordered a fish online either but I've been after a mustard gas and can't find one anywhere! Might check it out!
I always feel bad for the ones in the stores though , feel like I have to rescue them! :(

Ask your LFS if they can order one for you, or hold one aside and call you if they get one in. And if you are iffy about receiving fish through the mail, just remember that that is how your store gets them, too. And I've seen a lot of mustard gas Bettas on aquabid. So far I've ordered somewhere around 18 fish and 5 crayfish from various sellers on aquabid, with 1/11 angelfish DOA out of all the stuff I've ordered, and I've only had slight issue with one seller, who didn't have the fish I wanted in stock but gave me a full refund and offered me a discount in the future. And I have another fish coming to me in about a week. Just be prepared to spend more on shipping than on the fish itself!

Oh, and while I don't have a picture at the moment, yesterday I walked up to feed my crowntail that has a nice big vase on my vanity, and he had built one of the biggest, thickest bubble nests I have seen in a long time. I decided to put off his daily water change until tonight so I wasn't destroying it as soon as he made it. I always feel bad when I have to destroy their hard work.

Thanks I will have to check those sites out! I just wasn't sure, myself, what sites were better to use or more reliable..
And I totally agree on not destroying their hard work... You feel so bad! Lol
This baby I got is so active! I love watching him/her swim around like crazy! Can't believe something so tiny can turn into something so big, bright & beautiful!
Lol :)

I've put him on here before but I just got my elephant ear to pose really nicely. I showed him his reflection for a few seconds and he was puffed up long enough for a photo op.

When I first put him on here he didn't have a name. He's now officially named Jazzy (cause the "ears" look like jazz hands) but I sometimes call him Grumpy (cause he has a bad attitude and murders ghost shrimp).

It's so hard to get a pic of his actual colors...

Looks just like mine! Lovely!

Back
Top Bottom