Starting new 20g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tan-tay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im getting a new 20g and i dont kno wut to stock it with but i kno i want as many fish as possible and cAn i have a fiddler crab with fish and dwarf frogs?

I don't know anything about the frogs, but I've been wanting to get some fiddler crabs so I've been doing a lot of reading. They really should be in brackish water, and need access to land. But they do get along with fish, from what I've read.

I would suggest you do a lot of reading up on fiddler crabs and see exactly what they require for habitat. They are not fully aquatic as some stores would lead you to believe.

I would probably stay away from the crabs. when I started my 20g I felt the same way and I got a red claw. He lasted for about 3 months, but after reading he needed brackish water and access to land I just felt really bad about keeping him. Honestly I would look into shrimp if your keeping a peaceful tank. Honestly just as cool and will fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom