Stocking advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
75g.. Rena XP4, a couple live plants..
Tank kept at 76-77 degrees..
Current fish are...
7 Schwartzi Cory's
9 Black Neon Tetras
13 Bloodfin Tetras
2 Blue/Three spot Gourami
A dozen or so MTS.. (Thanks WhiteDevil)

I'm thinking about a few shrimp of some type.. I want something with color.. Aqadvisor says no red cherry shrimp with the gourami.. It also says no Black Neon Tetras with the Gourami too, but there has been NO aggression there.. Would also like a couple more large fish such as the gourami.. Maybe another color or something..

Thanks! I'm open to ideas.. :)

you could try shrimp, maybe something bigger like ghost shrimp would be ok, but i had gouramis and they loved shrimp... i even fed them freeze dried shrimp once a week...

I like the look of the red tailed sharks, but wonder if they will be overly aggressive for the other fish.. As most of my bloodfins hang out at the bottom with my cory's.... Will the red tail need buddies or is he ok in a group of one.. :)

Red tails are fine by themselves, and probably better off that way because they're territorial. Mine doesn't seem to hurt other fish much, although he will incessantly pick on anything moving near his hidey log. I wouldn't suggest them if you have bottom dwellers that are smaller than the red tail.

Back
Top Bottom