Suggestions for Cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking for suggestions on a good schooling Cory. They have to be able to live in 80-82 degree water. They would be housed with Angels, glow light tetras and two GBRs. Any help??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd suggest Sterba's cory. They do well at higher temperatures and are very commonly-sold, pretty little fellas! :) Bronzes would be alright, but that would be towards the very top of their tolerated range. Other suggestions include Fairy (C. atropersonatus), Smudge-spot (C. similis) and Rusty (C. rabauti) corydoras.

Avoid things like pandas, peppereds and bearded corydoras. They prefer much cooler temperatures and anything too warm will lead to long term health issues.

Alright thanks for the tips! I'll definitely do some research on them and hit the pet store soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Avoid things like pandas, peppereds and bearded corydoras. They prefer much cooler temperatures and anything too warm will lead to long term health issues.

Now I wonder how my peppered are swimming around for the last 2.5 years very happy at 26c Conall.......

Now I wonder how my peppered are swimming around for the last 2.5 years very happy at 26c Conall.......

Personal experience, books and online literature support my point. 26, according to most sources, is either too warm or is towards their upper threshold. Chill. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Sorry, there was me thinking 80F was 28C. Corrected that!

Back
Top Bottom