Tang swimming upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose7878

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have yellow tang that for some reason swims upside down. He's in my frag tank with a filefish .Don't know why he does this. Is this some type of matting thing or do I just have a crazy fish. Check the video out
img_2272305_0_f1ebc5778432ad0106ed05a573f05539.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:blink:that's crazy:blink:

Maybe a intimidation defense ?

:popcorn:be interesting to see(y)

seems he tries to turn over when he is away from the file fish

Edit:

there basically the same shape and size
I read somewhere not to keep a Tang with same size fish of any type or they'll be war
so that may explain the tangs strange behavior
he's in defense mode
is his barb in his tail extended?

:blink:that's crazy:blink:

Maybe a intimidation defense ?

:popcorn:be interesting to see(y)

seems he tries to turn over when he is away from the file fish

Edit:

there basically the same shape and size
I read somewhere not to keep a Tang with same size fish of any type or they'll be war
so that may explain the tangs strange behavior
he's in defense mode
is his barb in his tail extended?

His barb is not extended. He's okay with the filefish they swim around together hang out together. Just sometimes throughout the day he'll swim around like that for a few mins. Kinda amusing.

Weird. My royal gramma swims upside down a lot, but basslets are known to do that. Didn't know tangs ever did. If its only for a short time and otherwise he swims okay, then I have no idea why he'd be doing that. I was thinking swim bladder problem, but that shouldn't be it if its only for a few minutes a day. Hope it just turns out he's weird!! Lol.

That's funny I used to have a key hole tang that used to do that's but it was around a power head he would swim full 360s around the power head. I thought he was crazy. I wish I still had him. He was rehomed after my last tank break down.

Back
Top Bottom