Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Currently I have a 5 gallon high tech with a small school of neons, but I'm piecing together an ADA 60-P right now. Should be done by mid July. Pretty pumped. Off topic, but, the new Mac Miller Album just dropped! It's nice. Haha.

Sorry to hear your female platy died. :(. Hope all the fry survive. :)

Yea the male died i may have said female i dont remember :( it's ok but all my fry are doing awesome :) and the tank looks great and the corydora and Pleco are doing good

You can buy some of the liquid calcium supplements that you can get at some lfs. That can help the snails shell. But that shouldn't usually happen because ( as max47 said ) most people's tap water has an adequate amount of calcium.

You can also buy cuttlebone for very cheap at any store that sells bird supplies. Just grind up a little bit into a fine powder and sprinkle in the water. One 4 inch bone lasts me about two years. It works well for shrimp too.

You can also buy cuttlebone for very cheap at any store that sells bird supplies. Just grind up a little bit into a fine powder and sprinkle in the water. One 4 inch bone lasts me about two years. It works well for shrimp too.

Wow! A 4" cuttlebone lasted for 4 years!!! That is a long time! What do you use to crush the bone? Your fingers?

Wow! A 4" cuttlebone lasted for 4 years!!! That is a long time! What do you use to crush the bone? Your fingers?

Scrape it off the bone with a butter knife, the crush it into a fine powder with the knife on a napkin or paper towel. I use a mortar and pestle set, but not everyone keeps those handy :)

Scrape it off the bone with a butter knife, the crush it into a fine powder with the knife on a napkin or paper towel. I use a mortar and pestle set, but not everyone keeps those handy :)

So you use butter knife to scrape the bone then crush that into powder?

Back
Top Bottom