Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more question. From what I understand you attach two tubes one into the aquarium to pull out water and one in to export water? How do you make the tubes look nice and stuff?

I usually use background plants and let them grow tall to cover the view of the pipes. Yeah, 2 pipes. One outflow and one inflow.

Sweet the canister filter sounds cool. Are there any that are economically right like less than 70$? Lol

Sweet the canister filter sounds cool. Are there any that are economically right like less than 70$? Lol

I'm pretty sure all of them cost above $100. Like Oscar said, your gonna need a cheap canister filter on sale for it to go down to around $70-80. I got my rena xp4 on sale for only $120.

I think ill stick with my hob then haha nano tanks for the win! My cichlids will have to suffer with a aqua clear

I think ill stick with my hob then haha nano tanks for the win! My cichlids will have to suffer with a aqua clear

Aqua clears are like the best of the hob filters. It's like a canister packed into a hob because it has layered media and the three different kinds of filtration. Heavily planted and nicely aquascaped nano tanks are really really cool IMO.

Aqua clears are like the best of the hob filters. It's like a canister packed into a hob because it has layered media and the three different kinds of filtration. Heavily planted and nicely aquascaped nano tanks are really really cool IMO.

Yea like my fry fluval spec is my favorite of all my tanks. The fluval spec is nearly canister it's like aqua clear hob in a Refugium almost lol but I only use aqua clears. All my other filters were from starter kits and serve as water flow only lol

Yea like my fry fluval spec is my favorite of all my tanks. The fluval spec is nearly canister it's like aqua clear hob in a Refugium almost lol but I only use aqua clears. All my other filters were from starter kits and serve as water flow only lol

Yup. Your platy fry tank is pretty nice! Nice Cory cave, nice driftwood piece and you definitely should put some foreground/carpeting plants like mosses, dwarf hairgrass, glosso, pygmy chain sword, dwarf saggiteria, etc.

Yup. Your platy fry tank is pretty nice! Nice Cory cave, nice driftwood piece and you definitely should put some foreground/carpeting plants like mosses, dwarf hairgrass, glosso, pygmy chain sword, dwarf saggiteria, etc.

I want hair grass so bad but my LFS doesn't carry it and petco sells 3 little stubs for 7$ and I want like 20 and last time I had hair grass it all died... Sad face and my moss carpet is failing

Lol what's with the bad rap on the fluvals? You obviously get what you pay for :)
That being said, my fluval is the best canister I've owned.
BUT I'm willing to get an XP4 now that I've heard so much good news about it. I was planning on getting a 406 for my 75, but ill take your word for it and try out the XP. I really hope it's better.

Lol what's with the bad rap on the fluvals? You obviously get what you pay for :)
BUT I'm willing to get an XP4 now that I've heard so much good news about it. I was planning on getting a 406 for my 75, but ill take your word for it and try out the XP. I really hope it's better.

Yup i'm thinking the xp4 or 3 now!

I mean, fluvals are ok. They aren't the worst let me tell you that lol. But I'm just saying that there is something else that's better and more worth the price. The only con about xps are that they don't come with a lot of media. They come with 2 sponges, 1 bio-chem zorb, 5 bio stars, and 1 filter floss. It's enough to get you started but you will definitely need more biological filtration. Other than that, they are prob the best filter I have had.

I want hair grass so bad but my LFS doesn't carry it and petco sells 3 little stubs for 7$ and I want like 20 and last time I had hair grass it all died... Sad face and my moss carpet is failing

Yeah. I usually order off of eBay and its an ok price for a decent amount. What kind of moss do you have? Maybe you need to start adding ferts and not take out as much fish poop. That poop acts as fertilizer and the plants will absorb it. Extra liquid/tab ferts are also good to make sure your plants stay alive.

Yup i'm thinking the xp4 or 3 now!

For a 55, I would actually rather get an xp3. I found out that the xp4 is actually too tall to fit under my stand comfortably so I have to put it outside. Also, the xp3 and xp4 come with the same amount of media so you will be able to fill up more media baskets in the xp3 than the xp4. The xp4 is quiet so its fine outside but it just makes it not look as neat.

Back
Top Bottom