Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a 55, I would actually rather get an xp3. I found out that the xp4 is actually too tall to fit under my stand comfortably so I have to put it outside. Also, the xp3 and xp4 come with the same amount of media so you will be able to fill up more media baskets in the xp3 than the xp4. The xp4 is quiet so its fine outside but it just makes it not look as neat.

Gotcha. Yeah i'm gonna get the xp3 i think cuz i'm gonna keep my hobs running too.

Wow, I'd totally get it, if it wasn't complete crap :/

Also, I've read alot of bad reviews on the XP4, saying the magnet gets worn out because there are no improvements between xp3 and xp4 besides media space.

They say the xp3 is better built than the xp4, so now I'm unsure whether I should go with the 406 or xp3. Decisions decisions.

Anyway schools out!!!! Today was my last day :D

Also, I've read alot of bad reviews on the XP4, saying the magnet gets worn out because there are no improvements between xp3 and xp4 besides media space.

They say the xp3 is better built than the xp4, so now I'm unsure whether I should go with the 406 or xp3. Decisions decisions.

Really? I got out like some time ago

What do you guys think of this?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=221098136501

1st one is total crap. Eheim pros are not good and have many problems. Look on amazon and they only have around 3-3.5 stars or less. Second choice is ok but the uv is a waste because of the size. Also, the company of the second one doesn't seem correct. It should be either aquatop or sunsun. Also, the second one is known to have weak connectors and hoses which makes it more vulnerable to leaking.

Magnets for the motor? That usually happens because some dumb person forgot to prime it or turns the filter on while there is no water in it. Never heard about the xp3 being better built than the xp4.
My school ended around 2 weeks ago. Lol. You got delayed because of sandy?

Sydney, 14, currently have a 25 gal FW Planted, 5.5 Gal Planted, 2x3 Gal Planted. Getting 6-8 ten gallons, a 20 L, and an acrylic 25 gal hex along with a couple hundred pounds of gravel, a bunch of filters, heaters, cleaning supplies, pumps, a few fiberglass grow out tanks, and numerous other items from a guy of CL today to start my fish room.
I am going to be breeding Nano and Oddball/Hard-to-find fish along with shrimps, snails, and of course, FW plants.
Here are some pics of my 25 gallon tank, newly planted. Haven't gotten the scape down yet.

Sydney, 14, currently have a 25 gal FW Planted, 5.5 Gal Planted, 2x3 Gal Planted. Getting 6-8 ten gallons, a 20 L, and an acrylic 25 gal hex along with a couple hundred pounds of gravel, a bunch of filters, heaters, cleaning supplies, pumps, a few fiberglass grow out tanks, and numerous other items from a guy of CL today to start my fish room.
I am going to be breeding Nano and Oddball/Hard-to-find fish along with shrimps, snails, and of course, FW plants.
Here are some pics of my 25 gallon tank, newly planted. Haven't gotten the scape down yet.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/S...PlantedRedo/FishStuff024_zps0fec3e58.jpg.html
http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/S...PlantedRedo/FishStuff025_zpsb4b27da7.jpg.html

Welcome! Awesome tank! Totally better than mine lol.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/S...PlantedRedo/FishStuff024_zps0fec3e58.jpg.html
http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/S...PlantedRedo/FishStuff025_zpsb4b27da7.jpg.html

Wow congrats! I hope it goes well for you ;) try plecos while you're at it!

Deathclaw, your Julii was just so cute, I went and got 3. They were 4$ each, the cheapest I've seen 0.0 acclimating them now.

Attachments

• image-2500344358.jpg
    image-2500344358.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom