Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah - I've been looking into tissue culturing plants at home, actually. It'll definitely wait until I have a bit more money laying around - not that it's super expensive, but all possible funds are going towards stocking the 55 :)

Yeah, I just googled tissue culturing. It doesn't seem too hard if you diy it. I might have to test it out once I too stock my 55g. It shouldn't take too much money though to stock mine. Maybe 90... Well, 8 for the barbs (did you see the PetSmart sale?), lets go 30 for harlequins, 25 for another angel, 20 for panda cories and 10 for peppered. Plus tax... Maybe. I can prolong this fish buying experience. Trust me my tetras are doing a very good job at it.

Yeah - I've been looking into tissue culturing plants at home, actually. It'll definitely wait until I have a bit more money laying around - not that it's super expensive, but all possible funds are going towards stocking the 55 :)

Same. All funds toward my 55 right now ;). What's the difference between tc and regular plants?

I have about $200 in fish :)

I generally try not to think about the money I've put into my tanks (it's easily in the thousands) but I have over $200 in just bettas. Maybe more. Nearly half was from just one fish. Importing fish is expensive.

Yeah. Pretty much all of my spare cash ends up in my tanks. My black hmpk male was about $60 after shipping from Thailand, two of my females were about $20 each after shipping from only 45 mins away by car but the seller didn't offer pickup, and my other 9 females came from the LFS at $5-10 each. Only lost two since I got them, though. And I have a small batch of babies growing now and soon I will have more. So hopefully I will be making some of that cash back soon!

Yeah. Pretty much all of my spare cash ends up in my tanks. My black hmpk male was about $60 after shipping from Thailand, two of my females were about $20 each after shipping from only 45 mins away by car but the seller didn't offer pickup, and my other 9 females came from the LFS at $5-10 each. Only lost two since I got them, though. And I have a small batch of babies growing now and soon I will have more. So hopefully I will be making some of that cash back soon!

I cant wait till i start breeding my festae!!

Yeah, pretty much ALL my cash goes toward my tanks, and thats cool that you got babies growin!

I generally try not to think about the money I've put into my tanks (it's easily in the thousands) but I have over $200 in just bettas. Maybe more. Nearly half was from just one fish. Importing fish is expensive.

:eek: Over $200 in betas!!! That's a lot!
Throughout my entire fish keeping career, I've only gotten one beta. :lol:

The first fish I've ever kept in an aquarium was a pleco, but my first ever was a betta called dolphin. He used to do leaps out of the water for food.... It's too bad that's how he died one day. Jumping.

XD but I've never had a goldfish, ever. I don't think the ones I used to give to my red eared slider counted.

Wow! Really! When you were a little kid, you never had those carnivals where your prize was a little goldfish :lol:? And betas seem to be everyone's beginner fish. What was your first fish?

My first fish was a dwarf gourami, I've never had a betta either :eek:

Back
Top Bottom