Uaru updates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations with the tetras sensitivity during pwc. It's a tough loss, but you'll for sure work it out, and bounce back more knowledgeable.
You've got about a 50/60gal pwc on that big boy. How suspect is your tap water where you live? Maybe a RO system will remove whatever is making it in the tank.
I'm wondering what you have on the tank for water movement?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations with the tetras sensitivity during pwc. It's a tough loss, but you'll for sure work it out, and bounce back more knowledgeable.
You've got about a 50/60gal pwc on that big boy. How suspect is your tap water where you live? Maybe a RO system will remove whatever is making it in the tank.
I'm wondering what you have on the tank for water movement?

The worst part is that those tetras aren't known to be sensitive.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Test the tap water for metal elements. Not sure I'd want to drink it myself.

lol I don't. I live within walking distance of the border of DC (Silver Spring MD) and typically the water has been decent, but this incident confuses me

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So I lost another Cory....that's like 3-4 dead since I got them months ago :/ no signs of trauma or disease :/ I did a water change and forgot prime, thinking that may be the issue. I can't wait to move, hoping to set up an RO filter.

Also found out where my cardinals in the 75 were disappearing to....my largest guianacara has taken a liking to their taste.....

I just can't win lol

On a happier note, my multis have dozens of fry (fresh food for the catfish!) and I have about 20 BNP fry in my little 5 gallon planted meta frame tank. Dad is no longer guarding and soon to be returned to the big tank!

I come close to forgetting dechlorinator all the time, I catch myself luckily, but that really sucks.
I'm kind of surprised that a guianacara is eating tetras, they seem so timid.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This species seems to be a much more bold species. These were purchased as cf. daycra. The girl I got 4 of mine from said she's had issues with mid level swimmers being picked off. Found one bit in half and all the other fish couldn't do any damage...the kelleri is tiny, I have a female cac WC and 2 bnp. Nothing else.

I have both of these, just rushed it. Honestly I'm not sure what it was. The remaining 8 lemons look like garbage right now....so frustrating. They're the only fish breathing heavily. No one else.

I'm just wondering if the tree stump may be pine. That may explain some things.

I'm just wondering if the tree stump may be pine. That may explain some things.

Shouldn't be, the entire area it was collected in is deciduous, no pine trees

Also that stump has been in there for about 5 months or so I believe

Shouldn't be, the entire area it was collected in is deciduous, no pine trees

Also that stump has been in there for about 5 months or so I believe

Nice use of a technically term pertaining to trees!! Smahttyy... do you keep.the cat fish for population control or is it just the way it goes in that tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice use of a technically term pertaining to trees!! Smahttyy... do you keep.the cat fish for population control or is it just the way it goes in that tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, my loohiobagrus cyclurus (dwarf tang bullheads) were first in there to help keep the population down. They actually destroy basically all the fry, although it does seem some of them are getting big right now so I may have some growing out. I think the catfish have fry right now because I haven't seen them at all

They would be, but their den is virtually impossible to check on. They've spawned at least twice, but all the fry disappear. I'm hoping to separate the pair once I move and get a fish room going

Hurry up and move to get that room going. Just be sure to move into a new water source as well:)

Back
Top Bottom