Uaru updates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10$ digital water temp probe is the best $10 I ever spent on aquarium accessories. A point and shoot temp gun works well too.

I have both of these, just rushed it. Honestly I'm not sure what it was. The remaining 8 lemons look like garbage right now....so frustrating. They're the only fish breathing heavily. No one else.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That face was meant to be a " :( " i promise!!!!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

I'm not sure if the water being to warm would leave an effect on the remaining 8 almost 24 hours later?? Unless it was significantly hotter and they swam directly in the new water causing some sort of internal damage or something crazy. I wouldn't beat yourself up looking for the answer though. How about some new pics of the Uaru?!

I'm trying but the app isn't letting me right now for some reason

No pic?!
Edit...
No.pics
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ugh that stump is killing me! The pikes are looking good and the uaru, well they aren't gettin any cuter lol

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I only have the male, the female wouldn't eat anything I offered :/ lost her months ago.

Ugly!?! You're crazy! I love that awesome burnt orange, with the bright red eyes. So beautiful

Lol I just edited to try and nice it up a bit before you saw it..... Oh well.

At least they're not chocolates those fish really freak me out

Lol I just edited to try and nice it up a bit before you saw it..... Oh well.

At least they're not chocolates those fish really freak me out

Right, look at this poor SOS! He's screaming for someone to end the misery, LOL!

Last edited:
Uaru remind me of skeletons, Kind of like Achmed The Terrorist from Jeff Dunham. I crack up every time I see them and I hear "Silence! I keel you!" In my head. Looking good!

Threw in an 18" piece of jungle Val, root and all. Torn apart within 5 minutes. Completely gone in 15

Hey Freak. I love the Uaru's . Think their awesome and unique. With how slow they grow I may try to grow a couple out in the 40 and upgrade to a 75 when needed. Not too sure what I'm going to do with stock in the 40 yet. I'm about to update the 40B thread now.
The Uaru are looking great! I really like the pike also. What is it and how big does it get?

Sorry to hear about all the lost fish. I've been there, it's terrible. Especially when you've got no clue what caused it. Once had 3 big beautiful geophagus tapajos, given to me by a friend, in my 150 gallon. Just hours after a regular water change all 3 of them were floundering at the surface and shortly after died. No clue then and no clue now what happened. None of the other fish affected.

Back
Top Bottom