Unique small fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are some small, unique fish that are ok in small/medium tanks? Like somewhere between 20 and 30 gallons? This is all just hypothetical so can't tell you the exact tank size since the tank doesn't exist yet. I like fish with personality like gouramis and cichlids, also like small plecos. Like oddball fish but most get big, could maybe do some Kuhli Loaches. I want a lot of variety/lots of different types of fish together in a community so would prefer things that don't need big schools unless they are small fish so a school won't have much bioload. Something not too crazy aggressive would be nice, although I would provide a LOT of caves, live plants, and other hides, so they can escape each other if aggression does happen. Looking for tons of variety, want to keep lots of different species in a community :fish2::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish2::fish2::fish1:

Would some killifish be ok tankmates for them? Some of those look pretty cool?

The only thing i know about killifish is that they eat them where my wife is from (Philippines) like sardines or as a paste and she thinks my zebra danios look like killifish and threatens to cook them.

A little research suggests there are lots of different types and not all are good tankmates. I can't find anything on whether loaches and killifish are suitable tankmates. I would recommend some reasearch or reaching out to people with more knowledge if you want to do killifish. They do look cool though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom