What African Cichlid is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That last one doesn't look like a Rusty. It's to lightly colored.

And you won't run into aggression problems when their that young. A 40 is fine for about a year....
I have had my cichlids for about 3 weeks now (5 electric yellow, 2 cobalt blue, 1 red blotch zebra, 2 strawberry peacocks) It took them about 2 weeks before they saw me and started coming to the front of the tank. They are about 2 inches right now and I know that the red blotch runs the tank even though he isnt the biggest. Also with my cobalts, I can tell what one is dominant.

You should wait until this one gets big because if its a hybrid there color come out better as they get bigger and then you can ID it.

Ya that's what I'll have to do. It's just nice to be able to tell people what you have when they see your tank :)

Ya that's what I'll have to do. It's just nice to be able to tell people what you have when they see your tank :)

Definitely a rusty or rusty hybrid as I look at it again. It is really tough when small! Wait till you try and figure out the sex! :) mine are all between 1.5 and 3.5 inches and I have no idea!

Definitely a rusty or rusty hybrid as I look at it again. It is really tough when small! Wait till you try and figure out the sex! :) mine are all between 1.5 and 3.5 inches and I have no idea!

Ya I don't even bother knowing the sex. The only fish I have that I can tell the sex of are the platies in my planted tank lol

Back
Top Bottom