What is your favorite cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is the obvious one which is the red devil even though I don't have him anymore, I'll still get one when I get ahold of a big tank in the future.sucks having to get rid of your favorite fish :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like those selections especially the jack Dempsey

How many tanks do you have? Those are beautiful!

9 currently, 2 are cared for by my brother.

I don't own the Krib or Angels anymore though.

Caleb

9? Daaanggg! Must take a lot of your time..but I have a hunch it's fun for you. Well the 7 at least.

9? Daaanggg! Must take a lot of your time..but I have a hunch it's fun for you. Well the 7 at least.

About 2-3 hours every day is devoted to the care of them lol. Most being planted and needing ferts or trimming. Discus getting fed 2-3 times daily. Etc.

Caleb

Good stuff! I'm happy to be on here with someone crazier than me about fish

Mine is the green terror (male) i have never had one but i just got a 90 gallon tank and i think i will buy it for the 1st time :) if you google them then i think i dont need a reason to pick them as my fave :)

Mine seem to change through the years. But the past couple years my top two are Platinum Honduran Red Points and Severum.

I love HRP's casue they are so personable like little dogs. They have the human interaction that larger cichlids do but I don't have to worry about them murdering each other. And to me I think they look like white midas.

I like the severum because they are big and colorful but again the fairly peaceful. I jsut got a baby green sev to go with my red dots and he jsut hangs out in the middle of the tank ans stares at me.

Others on the top of my list

Frontosa
Syspillium
Rainbow cichlids
Rams

[

Mine is the green terror (male) i have never had one but i just got a 90 gallon tank and i think i will buy it for the 1st time :) if you google them then i think i dont need a reason to pick them as my fave :)

I have two in my smaller tank until I get the 30 than when bigger I'll put them in a 90.

Mine is my 2 blood parrots especially the orange one! His name is seuss! I have had him almost a year! Whenever I first got him* he would always hide! I would walk in my room and he would make a bee line to his cichlid stone! Now I walk in and he is at the top wanting food! He loves brine shrimp he jumps out of the water and bites the little container! When I am vacuuming and rearranging the tank he always comes up and bites my arm! It doesn't hurt it's cute! But he did bite and hold on for a few seconds! I put a moss ball in the tank and he attacked it! It looked like he was playing kick ball with it, he would push it to one end then back to the other! It was hilarious! The yellow ones name is Hugo! I'm pretty sure she is the female! They have laid eggs about 5 times but they always fungus over! It would be nice to have some little parrot babys? she is the only one he lets in his rock! They follow each other all over the tank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine has to be discus. They are one of the 3 fish to be proven as intelligent as a 3-5 yr. old kid, and are pretty much the unspoken most beautiful freshwater fish in existence.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I love my flowerhorn ? smart fish.

Based loosely on rio tapajos. But otherwise all fish are Brazilian, minus my BNP and apisto sp. blue steel

Discus, Discus, Discus.... Thats why i have abt 800gls of discus tanks. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom