What is your favorite cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is my 2 blood parrots especially the orange one! His name is seuss! I have had him almost a year! Whenever I first got him* he would always hide! I would walk in my room and he would make a bee line to his cichlid stone! Now I walk in and he is at the top wanting food! He loves brine shrimp he jumps out of the water and bites the little container! When I am vacuuming and rearranging the tank he always comes up and bites my arm! It doesn't hurt it's cute! But he did bite and hold on for a few seconds! I put a moss ball in the tank and he attacked it! It looked like he was playing kick ball with it, he would push it to one end then back to the other! It was hilarious! The yellow ones name is Hugo! I'm pretty sure she is the female! They have laid eggs about 5 times but they always fungus over! It would be nice to have some little parrot babys? she is the only one he lets in his rock! They follow each other all over the tank!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1437694700558.jpg
    1437694700558.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 76
Discus, Discus, Discus.... Thats why i have abt 800gls of discus tanks. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice. There was a guy at my LFS that had a 180 with 18 discus and 16 rummynose tetras. All the discus he said were over 6 inches long and he started out with 15 but they made fry. He said the tank had been up for 6 years. That was the first time I ever wanted to live the life of a random man I saw in public...

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

I like my Apistos. However I've not had the opportunity to keep any other cichlids other than my angelfish that I have right now and German Blue rams years ago. Apistos just kind of have that big cichlid behavior with a size that prevents them from doing too much damage to their tank mates while they're spawning. I would love to one day keep some Uaru in a large tank. Some Discus are probably unavoidable eventually, just too darn cool to resist for too long!

WOW their getting some size to them. Their looking great Freakgecko ( sorry forgot your name. Shame on me)

Those are a bit old, but they're similar size, I'll get some new ones soon. Flying back home today so it'll be tomorrow probably

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a few cichlids but my favorite is my king kong parrot. He would always hide when I first got him but now he greets at the top of the tank ready to be fed and will eat out of my hand. He also loves to rearrange the gravel in my tank and make little mountains. I flatten them out when I do my PWCs and clean my gravel but sure enough the next day there's a new hill in a different part of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I always used to let the move the gravel as they see fit, what ever makes them happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The way I see it I'm just giving him something to do to entertain himself lol. I also have a moss ball in the tank that mysteriously moves to a different spot everyday and while I don't have proof that it's him that moves it because I've never witnessed it, he's the only one big enough to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom