Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up loosing my Tri-Color Valida, The large Green Monti cap, my ORA Yellow Bottle Brush, the new Blueish Acro colony, the dark green Monti cap, the large colony of ORA Pink Birds Nest and parts of the Orange Monti Cap have died. Thankfully I have frags of all the corals that I lost except the Blueish Acro and the Bottle Brush.

So far the only fish I know for sure that I lost is the Powder Brown Tang. I haven't seen my neon goby so I'm still hopeful.

That absolutely stinks!!

Hey Mrs Ziggy.....I have a husband who would like to join the AA support group....LOL

Coming along nicely. Sorry to hear about the loss of your parent colonies. That really sucks. At least you have the frags to grow them out again.

My two pink birdnest that I got from you are growing like crazy. The others are slower and keep getting knocked over by snails. I moved all my turbos to the sump, but some of the astrea's are big enough to do the same....

Good luck with getting the rest of the work doen today.

Thanks!

I have decided not to do anything with the tank today. Tomorrow when I get up I'll work on getting the fish in the tank. I have to go to work this afternoon so I don't want to get in the middle of something and not be able to finish.

I felt SO bad last night when I got home. Allen had done so much work with putting the corals in (UGH and how he got the top off all by himself I will never know). I guess if I had been home we could have gotten all the fish in there to. :-( But I had to go to my nephew's birthday party (However, I DIDN'T make Allen go to the birthday party with a BUNCH of screaming Kids! - See SUPERWIFE) and I stayed to help my sister clean up the mess.

Well the plan is to get the fish in the tank and the rest of the corals when I get up in a few hours. Just got home from work a little while ago and can never seem to get right in the bed.

Anyway I'm going to work on getting the rest in place and doing a water change. I put 64g of new SW in the 120 when I set it up so that was a heck of a change but I think another is in order. My skimmer has been working over time since the disaster. I'm having to dump it 2 times a day. I am skimming wetter then normal so that has a lot to do with it.

All of the Zoas that I put in the tank opened right up and look great. For some reason the lighting looks 10x better on this tank then it did on the 72. My guess is it's because all the light is going into the tank. I lost a lot of light because of the bow on the 72 because of how the canopy was built. I really built it for a standard tank. All in all I'm very pleased with the 120, everyone says they like it better then the 150 I think they are just trying to make me feel better. ;-)

Just got home from work a little while ago and can never seem to get right in the bed.

All in all I'm very pleased with the 120, everyone says they like it better then the 150 I think they are just trying to make me feel better. ;-)

I worked 3rd shift for 5+yrs and could not come home and go straight to bed, I had to wind down. Then I would also catch myself on the computer "winding down", then would wake up an hour or so later when I was falling out of my chair, lol. So in the summertime especially I would just stay up and get things done till at least 3pm then get up at 10pm. The key is deff consistency.

I like the new tank, the other one was nice also, it just looked too tall to me(but heck what do I know,lol). I think they both are equally nice

I don't really work 3rd shift. Sundays I work 3:00pm to 2am Monday - Wednesday I work 7:00pm - 5:30am I'm the only person that works that schedule. I don't think it's really considered 3rd. Our 3rd starts at 1:00pm and get's off at 11:30pm. I'm the odd ball. I don't mind it though I've been doing it for nearly 4 years now and I've gotten used to it. Sundays mess me up a little though I get home so early I can't seem to get right to bed. The rest of the week I go straight to bed so I can be up by 11am and get to work on things around here.

Truth be told I like the 120 better then the 150 also. The height was nice but a little much with the way my stand is. I built a taller then normal stand and it made the total height right at 80" which is too high.

I don't really work 3rd shift. Sundays I work 3:00pm to 2am Monday - Wednesday I work 7:00pm - 5:30am I'm the only person that works that schedule. I don't think it's really considered 3rd. Our 3rd starts at 1:00pm and get's off at 11:30pm

Yeah I know you didn't work 3rd, where I worked thats 2nd shift, for 2-4pm to 10:30-12:30 or till 3-4am with overtime(some were mandatory 12hrs/7days a week). I was just saying how I can relate, you having diff hours/shifts on diff days of the week makes it more crazy.

We're going to need some new pics with the fish soon

Yeah I know....In order to get the fish back in the tank I have to take my frag tank off line and remove everything in it. So I have a lot of work to do just to get to the fish. I guess I better get started....

Well all the fish except for the chromis are in the 120. I don't have time to take any pics and post them right now I have to get ready for work. The blasted Diatoms have started on my sand. I kind of expected this with all the new sand I used and the whole busted bottom issue.

All parameters are with in normal ranges. Nitrate is a little high at 25ppm but I've got more new SW mixing for a PWC tomorrow. I'll get them down. All corals and fish look good as of now. My giant Toadstool is the only coral that is having issues but it was pulled away from the rock it had attached to. I didn't have any choice when the bottom broke on the 150 it was a dash to get everything out. The polyps are starting to extend on it again so I believe it is going to be ok. It will just have to go through a healing process.

Anyway I'll get some pics posted tomorrow of how things look. I have so much work to do in the frag tank it's not even funny. I got some of the stuff a little more organized but it's still a mess in there.

Nice recovery on the tank build Ziggy! Sorry to read about all the problems.Salt water is always so much fun to clean up :(

Could we see the sump when you get time for pics?

The sumps have not changed from the 72. I'm using the same setup that I had before. The major difference is the total volume of water in creasing by 48g and the amount of water coming out of the 120 going into the sump. I have dual 1200gph overflows on the 120 where I only had a single 1200gph overflow on the 72. The plumbing I built for the 150 is what I'm using on the 120. I have an overflow on either side of the back of the tank to maximize circulation. Both overflows drain into a 1 1/2" manifold and then split 4 ways to go to the sump fuge and skimmer. Currently I'm using 3 of the 4 outlets on the manifold. The fourth is not needed as yet. When I hook up the new pump I'll have to use all of them.

SUCCESS!!!! The clowns finally figured out the RBTA was for them!!!!! Here are several pics that my wife took last night while I was at work!!!!

1011719smallip3.jpg

1011720smallve8.jpg

1011718smallgb5.jpg

1011721smallwk3.jpg

Thats a cool relationship between the clowns and rbta. Makes me want to get a rtba, but I doubt my tank raised clowns would host it anyway. They have never showed any interest in my toadstool or torch polyps.
I am surprised your wife didn't snap a fts too. I'm sure that will come some time later today.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom