Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a cool relationship between the clowns and rbta. Makes me want to get a rtba, but I doubt my tank raised clowns would host it anyway. They have never showed any interest in my toadstool or torch polyps.
I am surprised your wife didn't snap a fts too. I'm sure that will come some time later today.:p
All of my clowns are tank raised. ORA clowns as a matter of fact. It's a natural thing that a clown host something. Mine have been in the tank with the RBTA for several months now and showed no interest in it. When I had all 4 of the clowns together in the frag tank along with everything else from my reef they saw the other pair go straight for the RBTA and at one point all 4 clowns were in the RBTA.

Didn't you say you had four clowns Ziggy?

I do have 4 clowns. 2 pairs, one is mated the other don't know yet. 2 of the clowns were meant for my Frag tank and the two in the pic above are for my reef.

Very nice!

Thanks! It's coming back together.

Sumps under my system....

Fuge: 20g tall dedicated fuge
1011605smallgm7.jpg

Dual acrylic sumps...hold heaters LR and a place for my media reactor as needed.
1011607smalleu6.jpg

30g tote with skimmer and return pumps. Also has LR and heaters in it. To the left is my 10g top off tank currently not used.
1011608smallke2.jpg

A lot of the above will change as I upgrade pumps and return plumbing. I have a MAG 36 I'm going to use as my return pump for my reef as well as the frag tank. I have to get some plumbing supplies and get to work on that. I just need a break from working on the tank right now.

The first in a series of PWCs is almost complete. I will be changing 32g again in a couple of days and again over the weekend. My NitrAtes are now at 20ppm but I want to make sure that I don't have any issues so PWCs it is.

No FTS now that it is totally complete?

LOL there is no such thing as totally complete.....

But since you want pics...here you go....

1011781smalljm8.jpg

1011782smallml7.jpg

1011784smallth5.jpg

1011785smalliv9.jpg

1011786smallod9.jpg

Top of this pic you can just see my newest fish swimming away from the camera. A Yellow Belly Hippo...We just picked it up today...been in QT since 6/19. This was my son's B-Day present. Dori
1011787smallmh0.jpg

1011788smallbm0.jpg

1011789smallvp4.jpg

Later this weekend I will begin work on the new pump and the plumbing for that....more to build....more to plumb.....

Looks great! I definitely used the wrong choice of word saying totally complete. I should know better than that. I guess I was referring to the 120 build, but as you mentioned, even that is not done yet....still got more pumps/plumbing.
I like the new "dori" addition. I have one too, they have lots of personality, especially when they go to sleep laying on their side like a person.

Oh my, I've been following this thread avidly despite being a FW owner myself, but I just wanted to say that is one beautiful tank you have Ziggy. It's been fascinating to follow your progress and I know that one day when I decide to join the "salties" (and that will come, I know it for a fact) all the information I've stored away from your threads will come in handy. Thanks for all the inspiration and advice (even if you didn't know you were advising me). :)

Oh my, I've been following this thread avidly despite being a FW owner myself, but I just wanted to say that is one beautiful tank you have Ziggy. It's been fascinating to follow your progress and I know that one day when I decide to join the "salties" (and that will come, I know it for a fact) all the information I've stored away from your threads will come in handy. Thanks for all the inspiration and advice (even if you didn't know you were advising me). :)

Thanks for the kind words! It was through a similar thread on another site that inspired me to start a SW tank. The best advice I can offer is doing a lot of research before you get started! Researching things will save you a lot of time and money!

I'm getting ready to order 7 new corals. I'm going exotic with these choices. I'm looking to have more interesting different corals in my tank. Since I have the room in the 120 it's time to get silly with the corals.

This is how I'm getting over my loss! New corals, heals all.

Hey guys... I know you all probably thought I fell off the face of the earth (well the AA world that is). I've been SO busy! Family came down from Ohio so cause I'm "Not a real grown up" I ended up having my 11 year old cousin as my shadow most of the week. Then my older sister had a really bad Migraine. So, I decided to be SUPER SIS and I went over to take her boys (5 and 9 years old) so she could get some rest and peace and quite (AND THEN I WENT FROM HAVING 1 KID TO 4!). I took the boys back and with the storm that came in (weather storm - apparently the tornato warring kind) so did a nice Migrane for me. I've been fighting that it for a few days now and today is the first day I've really felt half normal.

I just didn't want you guys to think I disapeared. :)

Thats a cool relationship between the clowns and rbta. Makes me want to get a rtba, but I doubt my tank raised clowns would host it anyway. They have never showed any interest in my toadstool or torch polyps.
I am surprised your wife didn't snap a fts too. I'm sure that will come some time later today.:p

HEY HEY... I was just so excited that our clowns where in the RBTA (they hadn't been in it in the new tank just in the frag tank) that I just grabbed the cam and started shooting. And I don't think I did too bad with the pics either:p. Also, I had 4 kids all around the tank and well they were already driving me nuts and running into me while I was taking the clown/RBTA pics.

I don't know if you can put them on there but I did take a short video of the clowns in the RTBA. But Allen would have to figure that out... He does the pic thing on here not me... Just bug him about it. LOL :p

LOL, You should have seen me begging Allen to get "Dori." I've wanted one since we got our first Clown fish. It was my idea (HEHE, wink wink) to get it for our son's birthday present (Now she's something I don't have to pick up off the floor and something we can all enjoy).

Oh, I also got some new corals too! Allen had ordered me (they came in just before we left for the LFS) 3 new Rics (if you didn't know already Rics are my FAVS!!!!!!) and a Green Slimer - WOW that coral is pretty! He totally spoiled me on that trip to BRK! HEHE :)

The pics of the clowns and rbta were awesome! I wish when I bought coral my wife thought it was for her. Ziggy has got it good. But really, that is awesome that you are involved in it and want your own corals. I wish my wife was more involved.... she is still in the stage you mentioned in another post which is the point and say "thats pretty" stage.
So what are the 7-new corals??? 3-rics, 1-slimer and what else? By the way, I don't think we ever saw the new chips acro

The 7 new corals I'm ordering are not in yet...I haven't even paid for them yet. I have a PM out to a guy that is selling them.

They are as follows:
Blue Tip A. Tenuis
Neon Green polyped Tri-color Acro
Adrian Nichols Silver Bullet Acro
Acro Sarmentosa
Super Purple Bali (acro)
Yellow Table Acro
ORA Acro - Micropthalama

The pics of the clowns and rbta were awesome! I wish when I bought coral my wife thought it was for her. Ziggy has got it good. But really, that is awesome that you are involved in it and want your own corals. I wish my wife was more involved.... she is still in the stage you mentioned in another post which is the point and say "thats pretty" stage.
So what are the 7-new corals??? 3-rics, 1-slimer and what else? By the way, I don't think we ever saw the new chips acro

First off... when he buys corals "FOR ME" they really are for me. My taste is a little different from his, not saying that he doesn't like the corals I pick out they just aren't always what he would pick.

As for your wife being more involved... Is there something that she enjoys to do (i.e. a hobby, a show she likes)? If so, try taking an interest in what she likes then she might take more of an interest in the fish thing.

EX: I LOVE MEDICAL SHOWS - I'm a Doctor at heart, although I'm not one YET. I play this game where I try and figure out what's wrong before they tell you. Even though Allen isn't really into them he will still sit down watch and he plays my little game right along with me. And when I talk to him about my ideas for my Private Practice (Once I AM a Doctor) he gets really involved and interested in what I have to say. Remember marriage is give & take and a lot of work.

Also, the way he use to talk about the fish stuff was totally foreign to me. Now however, I just look at him funny and he takes the time to explain it to me (even if he's told me a hundred time, he doesn't act like it). I really enjoy it when he does it makes me want to be more involved. And when she says "That's Pretty" (if you can afford it and it's safe for your tank) get it, even if it's not something you would normally go for. That will be a nice way show her that you want her involved. AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE tell her that! Guys tend to think we KNOW. And even when we really do "know" it's nice to hear that you want us involved.

The 7 new corals
that he was talking about doesn't include the 3 new rics and the slimer (Those are mine). The ones he talking about he is planning on ordering (I think) and are MUCH more rare. We are trying to find more rare pieces for our reef. *EX: Why we got the yellow belly "Dori" rather than the normal Dori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom