Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Lowes today and I picked up the rest of the plumbing supplies I needed to get the new return pump up and running. This is a MAG36 (3600gph) it is going to run the Frag tank as well as the 120. I expect to get excellent flow from this pump. I took it outside and filled the 90g pond with water and turned it on just to see what it would do...well you be the judge..

1011795smalldd4.jpg

Wow, that pump has some serious power! Did you order that pump online? I am going to need a new return pump soon for my 75-gallon. Probably only 1/3 as powerful as that one, but I may want to consider the same brand.

I like the following advice. I will do that next time we are at the LFS together.
Ziggy953's_Wife "And when she says "That's Pretty" (if you can afford it and it's safe for your tank) get it, even if it's not something you would normally go for. "

It is a Danner Supreme Mag Drive pump. They are great pumps this is the 3rd one I have purchased. I have a Mag5 and a Mag7 (500gph and 700gph). Great pumps!!! They can be used submerged or inline.

Not a much to report as of right now. Everything is doing well the corals have adjusted nicely. I'm getting full polyp extension on the acros and the LPS look great. The fish are all doing fine. Everyone is eating. I just tested my water and my Nitrates have dropped to about 15 which isn't too bad considering all the muck I stirred up with the move.

I'll be doing another PWC this week sometime to help bring those numbers down a bit more.

I'm seeing growth again on the Pink Bridsnest I put in the 120 and the Orange Monti Cap is starting to fight back. All in all I'm pleased with how things are going.

I still have to get the new return pump plumbed in but that will have to wait a day or two.

Ok so I have gone through each an every page of this and I must say.....ziggy you need to write a novel!!!! I found alot of the information very useful and it inspires me to get a 150 of my own!!!

Keep on posting!

Ok so I have gone through each an every page of this and I must say.....ziggy you need to write a novel!!!! I found alot of the information very useful and it inspires me to get a 150 of my own!!!

Keep on posting!

Thank you for taking the time to read through the whole thread!

When my wife and I started this upgrade we both decided to document every step of the way. Learn from our mistakes and take what information is good and use! I tribute my thread to a thread I read about a guy going from a 55 to a 240g tank and all that was involved. He documented everything he did and it was an inspiration to me to follow.

I'm glad that you have a passion for the hobby and I hope that I can help you out along the way!

What am amazing job you have done. And I love the SUPER WIFE comments...you truly are. :)
Great job to both of you.
It would be so fun to be involved in some kind of hobby with my husband that we could both enjoy. :)

Ok so an update is due.

On 8/3/08 the new 120 cracked and I had a flood in the basement. I was at the point of giving up and getting rid of everything. I contacted Perfecto and they replaced the 120.

Because of the extensive water damage to my stand I built a new stand out of pressure-treated 2x6. I even used pressure treated plywood. Right now the new tank is sitting on the stand but I'm not happy with how it is sitting. Once upon a time you could get flat true lumber, that isn't the case now. The stand is perfectly level as is the tank on the stand, the problem is the plastic trim is not touching the plywood all the way around the tank. I am not going to have a repeat so the tank will not be filled for a while. I'm working out what to do to get the top of the stand perfectly flat.

So the reason for my delay in updates is due to another disaster.

Monday I'm going to look into getting a slab of granite for the top of the stand. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do.

More to come....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom