Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm drooling....that looks fabulous!. And love the pic of the butterfly too.

I was drooling over the great reef tank at the LFS today too....you guys are all making me miss my reef tank.

I have to give the credit to Neilan and his photography skills. Either that or his camera is way better then mine.

I do appreciate someone else taking pics of the tank for a change. He focused in on things I don't normally. I think the pics turned out great!!

My replacement bulbs finally got here today!! Yippy skippy!

I'm still only running one of the 250w bulbs but I switched out the 10,000K for the 14,000K and it is giving me the look I want. I will have more time tomorrow to wire up the second ballast and have both 250w bulbs running. I think I'm going to like the 14,000K bulbs and they should give me enough growth for me to be happy. I'll get some pics tomorrow of the tank with the 14K on one side and the 10K on the other and then a FTS with both 14Ks.

Here are a few quick shots I took of the tank today with both 250W bulbs buring....These are not as nice as what Neilan took, my camera just doesn't do the job....

1012670medium.jpg

1012689medium.jpg

1012683medium.jpg

1012678medium.jpg

1012679medium.jpg

Here is a shot of the Green Efflo I got back when I picked up the new ballasts. I believe this is the first pic I have posted of it.

1012686medium.jpg

Ziggy, how many pounds of base rock (live or dry)???do you have versus actual live rock. BTW the tank looks amazing. Also I may have asked you this before but how many pounds of sand do you have in your current system?

I would say pretty much all of my rock is "live" at this point. I don't remember the exact amount of lbs I got either way. I would say I started out with a mix of 50% base and 50% live. When I upgraded to the 120 I had almost 200lbs of LR at that point. I added some rock to the mix and that was base maybe 50-60lbs. Most of that went into my sumps for added filtration.

I believe I started with 120lbs of sand. I'm about to add another 30lbs to the tank. The increase in flow has moved my sand around the tank and I have a nice large bare spot in the front middle of the tank.

Absolutely breathtaking Ziggy. You have an amazing array of corals and fish and the lighting is perfect. I'm extremely impressed and plan on using some of your styles and how you put corals together around the tank. Awesome freaken tank.

Looks like your RBTA has moved. Did you do that or did it crawl around on it's own. Mine has been all over the place and i have not been able to get it to sit still.

Zoas look great. Going to look really cool once they all start to grown together and what not. Just picked up a small frag of sunset monti a few weeks ago.

Tank looks great as always. can't wait to actually see it in person. Pictures just never capture a reef tank no matter the photographer or camera.

Absolutely breathtaking Ziggy. You have an amazing array of corals and fish and the lighting is perfect. I'm extremely impressed and plan on using some of your styles and how you put corals together around the tank. Awesome freaken tank.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm glad you found the thread useful, just don't make the same mistakes I did.

Looks like your RBTA has moved. Did you do that or did it crawl around on it's own. Mine has been all over the place and i have not been able to get it to sit still.

Zoas look great. Going to look really cool once they all start to grown together and what not. Just picked up a small frag of sunset monti a few weeks ago.

Tank looks great as always. can't wait to actually see it in person. Pictures just never capture a reef tank no matter the photographer or camera.

Actually the RBTA is still attached to the same place it was just sticking out on the other side of the rock. It is where it started out and where I would really like it to stay. I'm looking forward to showing you the tank in person as well. I'm also looking forward to helping you set up your monster tank once you've gotten settled up here!!

thats def. a projuect! i feel like such an under achiever with my little 47 gal..lol bit i dont think im supposed to have it in my apartment that big shhhh!!

Don't feel like an under achiever!!

My lips are sealed.

naa i dont lol i actually drew up plans for a tank well a few of them im just not yet in the position to make um yet. my coffee table will be my first project. BUT the whole set up looks gtreat!! you conteractor is a beast! As far as you heat problem, i dont know if itsd vented but you could put some vent holes/ slats in it might help, depends on how hot its getting

naa i dont lol i actually drew up plans for a tank well a few of them im just not yet in the position to make um yet. my coffee table will be my first project. BUT the whole set up looks gtreat!! you conteractor is a beast! As far as you heat problem, i dont know if itsd vented but you could put some vent holes/ slats in it might help, depends on how hot its getting

??

I think this was a response intended for another thread....

What do you have the tank sitting on? Is it a padding of some kind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom