Ziggy's ADA 60F Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look what I finally got...

mNg1LKA.jpg

Nice glass broo..

sit in silence...

Derp...I spaced bruh!
Had this in my subs....excuse me for being scatter brained!

sit in silence...

Well I haven't had much to say about this tank in a while. Nothing has happened with it yet. I still haven't gotten the cabinet or the CO2 system.

I think I will dump some of the substrate in the tank and play around with the rock to see what I can come up with. I might even do that this evening I'm kinda bored.

I'll post some pics if I do.

Well like I said I was bored...

Test run #1
aqFKeMt.jpg

NsQrAJf.jpg

Test run #2
7gTNu2q.jpg

Y5dZQVR.jpg

Thoughts?

You can't really tell the depth of the substrate in the pics. Without actually setting the tank up and having it against a darker background it is difficult to tell what the layout looks like. I have realized that I want to get a very large master stone for this tank. The rock looks good but I think I need one really large one.

I think the larger rock in the corner in test #1 looks pretty dominant. But I'm the last person to give hardscape advice. The last time I used stones it was as if an OCD chicken was laying eggs in sets of three. The AA crowd "corrected" me.
Good luck with this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Combine the large rock on the far right from #1 with #2 and you'd have a killer hardscape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha, I can't even.....

Oh yes you can...
Just an update on the planted tank. Added some stones in the open areas of the tank. Some are a little bright; hoping biofilm and/or algae (even diatoms) tone them down over time.
29ERufQ.jpg

0bvMaFw.jpg

eglR3GV.jpg

DnBGYb4.jpg

For some reason, groups of threes makes sense. It's what I do in the garden whenever possible.

I think the larger rock in the corner in test #1 looks pretty dominant. But I'm the last person to give hardscape advice. The last time I used stones it was as if an OCD chicken was laying eggs in sets of three. The AA crowd "corrected" me.
Good luck with this build.

ROFL!!!! OCD Chicken! I envision a tee shirt with that on it!

Combine the large rock on the far right from #1 with #2 and you'd have a killer hardscape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

was thinking the same. make no 1 with that rock in the corner stickin out look more like layout no 2 and should be fine.
Repeating shapes does seem to work for hardscapes maybe put another slightly smaller pointy rock just on the left of the corner one?

So I have been looking at scapes and thinking about this tank. I'm not 100% sure I want to do a standard iwagumi. I just ordered another set of seiyru stones with spider wood. I might do something a little more interesting. I really want the hardscape to break the surface of the water.

I'm really taking my time with this tank, I want to out do the 40B.

Back
Top Bottom