Ziggy's Nano Build (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot of my stuff in the other day. I haven't hooked anything up yet. Still waiting on the new drivers for the LEDs. The ALC with the moonlinghts, my HUB, aqua lifter and a few other items are ready to be installed.

The fish and corals are looking great. I picked up a Green Slimer today...it's opened up and looking nice.

Oh yeah and I got a pair of black and white clowns....

So some pics....

The clowns are still so young that they are orange and white though you can see on the larger of the two that the fins are starting to turn black. Eventually they will be completely black and white....

001zaddw.jpg

005hv.jpg

007wyr.jpg

008rr.jpg

The Green Slimer I picked up for free when I got the clowns...
003jfm.jpg

004jxgs.jpg

The polyps opened up within 30 minutes of putting the coral in the tank. This is just temporary as I will be mounting the coral at some point...

The Goni is looking great too..
016bm.jpg

That's all for now. Eventually over the next couple days I will install all the new equipment that has arrived...

nice clowns! when i got mine, one of the smaller clown's stripes wasnt all the way around yet. the black outline is just starting to touch! mine started super dark and then lightened up lol. how the heck did you get that acro for free????

What did you use to get your background so black? Ive used a black background from Petco as well as painted mine and they always seem to look grey when looking at the tank from the front. Any suggestions?

What did you use to get your background so black? Ive used a black background from Petco as well as painted mine and they always seem to look grey when looking at the tank from the front. Any suggestions?

Several coats of black spray paint.

Any brand in particular? Flat/Gloss?

I prefer to use Krylon - I've used both flat and gloss. Flat will adhere faster and better than gloss. Gloss takes many more coats and time to flash between coats. This tank was done with Gloss and I think I ended up with 10 coats total for good coverage.

It looks really sparse. What's taking so long? Where are all the lush corals and all the cool fish? lol

It's looking good. (y) Hurry up and get those new toys in.

Picked up a new fish today, 6 line Wrasse. One very cool little guy...when he gets used to the tank and comes out of the rock I will work on getting a pic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom